does 1.67% CDR round to 2% ingame?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
The display rounds, the actual values used to calcuate spell CDs don't however. Same approach for all other stats too.
Ooh.

If you're still browsing, would you try tackling this question for me please? I've looked all over, but can't seem to find or figure it out.

How many blocks of time is the game segmented into per second? And I mean this in regards to the way mechanics are resolved.

Ark Angel HFB

04-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Ooh.

If you're still browsing, would you try tackling this question for me please? I've looked all over, but can't seem to find or figure it out.

How many blocks of time is the game segmented into per second? And I mean this in regards to the way mechanics are resolved.
.25 seconds

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-19-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Ooh.

Different parts of the game use different units of time/take different approaches to how frequently they update, so there's no single answer to this question. Missiles for example work off both distance traveled and time passed, given they need to be really responsive. Tooltips by contrast are often set to a much slower update rate, sometimes getting into the seconds, since they don't need to change instantly. Animations on the other hand (the visual effect, not the gameplay of the character in question) work at 30 frames a second.

The most commonly used unit is a 0.25 second tick rate, and DoT effects for example usually work in multiples of 0.25s (0.5s and 1.0s being the most common), as do many auras and a number of spells. Depending on what an effect/ability needs though we'll often go significantly faster or slower than that.