Varus Q' skill doesn't activate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphastar007

04-18-2014

This has only happened twice now but still a huge issue when it does. The first time I was in the process of using my Q' skill when I died. I respawned, and could no longer proc my Q', even mouse clicking the skill wouldn't cause it to active, I spent the rest of the game not being able to use my Q' ability. The second time this occurred, it wasn't due to dying, instead I used my Q' during a team fight and once the cooldown was done it no longer activated. Again I spent the rest of the game unable to use my Q' skill. Unfortunately I don't have a video of it, and luckily it has only occurred twice out of all the games I've played as Varus. Still I think it should be looked in to.

LionheartXVII

04-18-2014

I have had the same issue, about 18 min into the game i could no longer use his Q. for the rest of the match it wouldnt activate.

RiotNurseFlan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

04-18-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Heya, could you give me more context as to how this happened? I'm interested to know specifics like:

- How did you die / What did you die to? (Turret shot? Specific Champion ability? Minions?)
- What were you attacking / What did you hit?
- What map were you on?
- At what % Q charge did you die?
- Team comp, for both your team and opposing team?
- How far into the game were you? (in minutes would be great, but 'guess-timating' would help too if you aren't sure!)
- Add anything else you feel like we should know!

I realize this is a super painful bug to deal with, and I'll definitely continue show this to people who would know more about these tricky stuff! Thank you for being patient!

If anyone else happens upon this post, please feel free to post your specific details too - it'll really help us out!

Extra Note: I saw in a recent thread that a way to "re-activate" the ability is to disconnect then reconnect into your game again. (Source: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4452850) I know it's a yucky experience and I cannot confirm this, but I offer it up as a temporary solution for now!

Kamquats

04-18-2014

I have had the same problem, only it happened when I was playing Xerath on free week. I don't remember most the specifics of it (it was a few weeks ago, and I don't even remember how the bug happened), but this is what I remember happening:

At one point, I cannot cast Q. Manually clicking the Q to cast it did not work either. Manually mousing over the ability icon allowed me to see the cast range, but still not be able to cast the ability. I don't remember exactly how it happened; it might have been produced by being in process of charging the Q while dying, but I'm not really sure how it happened.

If this helps, during the time the bug was in place, the "danger" ping's exclamation point was replaced with the icon for flash.

Lordnewb

04-18-2014

RiotNurseFlan, I have had this same issue except with Varus's ultimate.

I was using the Arctic Ops skin on Twisted Treeline. I was attempting to use my ultimate while running away. Varus did his shout and his character model did his cast animation, but the spell's particles didn't go because I died right when it was casting. It didn't go on cooldown but I was unable to use it until I disconnected and reconnected. The place on the map where I was casting this was on the blue-side of the map, the eastern corner of the wolf camp wall where it connects to bottom lane, casting in a SSW direction.

FALL3NS0UL

04-18-2014

I have run into this bug also, but I have found a way to fix it as well. Ill I did was, I put my Q onto quick cast, fired a few Q's at spawn, and when I changed the Q back to normal cast It was able to fire again. Hope this helps some others out there.

Aceboticus

04-19-2014

I have experienced this problem as well, with Xerath. It usually happens when I fight someone who can interrupt the spell, like Vi, for example. After I die, the Q can't be cast. But as nosoul115 said, switching the skill to quickcast and back fixes it for me.

Heraclus

04-19-2014

Actually, Same thing happened to me not too long ago,
here are some Details:

I died to a Fizz
Was attacking other champions
Middle Grounds
Have no Idea if my Q was charging or if I let it go
Team Comp
Purple:
Varus
Thresh
Pantheon
Nidalee
Shyvana

Blue:
Soraka
Miss Fortune
Wukong
Fizz
Tryndamere

At first I thought there was something wrong with my keys, but after about 5 minutes of pondering around, I just figured my Q wasn't working anymore, might have something to do with Soraka's Silence, didn't realize my Q wasn't working until team fights which was around 25 minutes or so.

Thanks!

Skias

04-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNurseFlan View Post
Heya, could you give me more context as to how this happened? I'm interested to know specifics like:

- How did you die / What did you die to? (Turret shot? Specific Champion ability? Minions?)
- What were you attacking / What did you hit?
- What map were you on?
- At what % Q charge did you die?
- Team comp, for both your team and opposing team?
- How far into the game were you? (in minutes would be great, but 'guess-timating' would help too if you aren't sure!)
- Add anything else you feel like we should know!

I realize this is a super painful bug to deal with, and I'll definitely continue show this to people who would know more about these tricky stuff! Thank you for being patient!

If anyone else happens upon this post, please feel free to post your specific details too - it'll really help us out!

Extra Note: I saw in a recent thread that a way to "re-activate" the ability is to disconnect then reconnect into your game again. (Source: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4452850) I know it's a yucky experience and I cannot confirm this, but I offer it up as a temporary solution for now!
I can confirm the bug. I was at roughly 70%, got silenced and killed. Once respawned, Q no longer responded.