Letís talk about Sona

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JaxMoonStealer

04-18-2014

What do you love about playing Sona?
I used to love playing Sona, when she could do damage and I felt I was doing something meaningful to get the kill on bot lane. However...

What do you not like about playing Sona?
She's just a walking ult now. CC and damage has become the main reason to pick Leona/Thresh/Annie/Morgana over any other support. Sona has no damage, and her ult is the only CC she has.

What decisions are most interesting to you when you play Sona?
I would say choosing Auras, but I feel like they just don't make any difference at all. She's just faceroll and doesn't feel satisfying to play.

What moments of a Sona game make you feel like youíve made a play for your team?
Ulting the whole enemy team. Nothing else.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bby Nubby View Post
Her hair.. *~*
also this <3

Gareus

04-18-2014

I am an avid sona supporter and have been since I picked her up S2. I have to say I think my biggest grip for sona versus other supports is that her kit lacks any real surprises/play making ability aside from her ult. An example of this is if you look at karma for instance, she can use her q for aoe damage or simply to slow the enemy champs for her AD. Leona can use her zenith blade to jump on a support to get in range to Q the enemy AD. Lots of the other supports give versatile ways of playing, yet with Sona you are left either poking or being a heal bot. My idea would be to rework her activation abilities on Q/W/E let them have a secondary charge ability (not power-chord).

Amulet

04-18-2014

Heyyy I'm a support Sona main, but I've recently picked up other champs because I felt like I wasn't doing very much to impact the lane and I couldn't disengage too well because of the Big Three having hard all ins. I've felt she's become weaker, and it's not as satisfying to play her.

I mostly like her poke and heals (her ult is also very satisfying to land).

> Sona's poke comes from her Q Powerchords and Q. It can chomp through a champion's health very quickly in early levels. Watching someone go from 100 to 60 is fairly satisfying, like I'm having an impact.
> Heals allow room for error, but it's fairly mana hungry and I easily run through her mana in early levels without a chalice or some form of mana sustain.
> Her ult, while linear, is often known as a teamfight changing ult. It has a very crucial stun, as well as the only hard cc she has.
> Her auras (mainly Q). I often Q to pop the aura when taking turrets, but it's often invisible, and my teammates don't seem to notice they are affected by my auras.

> Sona's E, I find, is very...meh. I almost never rank it to max until I've reached level 18. I put a point in it early for the E powerchord, but at early ranks, it almost never makes a difference. I don't notice myself going any faster and it's just been a "press e to go slightly faster"
> Sona's animation for ult is very misleading. While the skillshot indicator displays a little rectangle hitbox, the animation seems a lot wider than the actual ult and it's caused a lot of problems for me. This is why while Guqin Sona is my favorite skin, I use Arcade primarily for it's accurate animation and colored Powerchord.
> She is also incredibly squishy and has almost no way to disengage without her ult. She's nigh useless if you all in her. She blows up fast.

> When to pop ult. Timing is crucial. Powerchord usage is also very important, but I tend to struggle with capitalizing on W powerchords. I don't feel like I'm making an impact.

What moments of a Sona game make you feel like youíve made a play for your team?
Clutch heals and ults are always the way I manage to help. Saving a teammate with bare minimum hp makes me feel like I've made an impact. Otherwise, late game, I'm just a walking ult.

xDiostukosx

04-18-2014

I love her stance mechanic and her powerchords.

She can only really go bot without the player being flamed. Heck, people sometimes get mad at you for not picking Thresh or Leona.

Her aura's sometimes feel nonexistent, as well as her abilites. In my opinion, buffing the movement speed you get from using her E as well as raising her powerchord Q ratio by a simple .1 difference to both Support Sona and Mid Sona without making her OP.

Her powerchord W is hardly ever used by me. Her base heals feel lacking.
Who needs a heal, or who's being sneaky and needs a good E powerchord before they run away.

When you use her ult on a whole team, then your team proceeds to finish the job, as well as when you slow an enemy who's running away.

She's ok, but in my opinion she needs a bit of a buff so she can stand up to the 'Big Three' supports.

xFaII

04-18-2014

Sona is fine as is. The latest Frostfang changes made her perfectly viable

MeowMixWarrior

04-18-2014

O god the "talk".

Purodyuusaa

04-18-2014

My problems with Sona is that she isn't "fun" to use. She basically has one job in a team fight, to flash crescendo.

Annie is similar in that she flash Tibbers, but Annie can stun anyone with her q and w in skirmishes. Sona's stun is fully loaded into her ult.

Karma gets to make decisions with her skills. Do I poke? Do I shield? Do I stun? Should I empower anything? Sure, Sona has her auras, but they're not "fun" to use.

Janna gets to decide when to use knockups and push-backs with her ult, Thresh gets to hook and box etc etc. By the nature of his kit, even Alistar is more fun to use than Sona.

Sona in a team fight is only flash crescendo and then wqeqweqweqweqweqeqeqweqweqweqwew over and over until mana runs out or you die.

I'm not saying she's bad, I'm saying she just isn't fun.

Sinspurch

04-18-2014

I feel like her auras needs to be intertwined into her passive, because honestly her aura spamming spells i feel dont benefit so much in a lane phase or late game. Once a team with sona come out into the late game, the deciding factor on most team fights is LANDING that Sona Ult and start busrting down the other team. I feel Sona could really use a new way for interacting with the auras from her spells.

Shes just a REALLY weak support if she isnt building any defense and even so she still gets wrecked. BUT, in some cases she can easily poke down if she goes for the ap build

HawtPockets

04-18-2014

Prepare for the Skarner treatment...