Blind Draft

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
No real reason for queue times to increase, just adds an extra couple seconds in lobby to toss out bans and the pick stage is identical (URF's was faster for mode reasons, no real need to speed up Blind Dom).
Queue times might increase because: 1. Some people will queue-dodge if they don't like the bans. 2. Some people will stop playing Dominion because of the bans. OP spammers might, for instance. 3. You'd need 11 champions to play Blind Draft, I guess, since 6 champions banned, let's assume they're all free week, and the other 4 free weekend were picked by your teammates, so you have nothing to pick. Let's say you own 10 champions, but they were picked or banned.

One simple solution would be to decrease the number of bans to 2 per team. Another solution would be to increase the free week rotation to 11 champions instead of 10, or give everyone 1 free champion (let's say, Tristana), and remove that champion from the free week rotation.

I think 2 bans per team would be sufficient to remove the most OP champions from the mode, anyway.

Also, each ban should probably be no longer than 15-20 seconds.

Penteano

04-16-2014

Nah just keep blind pick for lower levels since they wouldn't have enough champions. But would be fun in new champions week, so I can ban people from testing there they should test on normals anyway

SylianEUW

04-16-2014

Eh, I think it'd be weird to have both blind pick and blind draft at the same time. They could just disable Dominion until you have 11 champions, I suppose, but that's far from ideal. They should probably increase the free week rotation numbers anyway. It's less than 10% of the champion pool! It doesn't matter for me, since I own every champion, but it might matter for other people. Riot should consider it.

Penteano

04-16-2014

No need to have both IMO. Keep only blind till like lv 15 or 20 after that only blind draft.

SylianEUW

04-16-2014

I suspect that would essentially be the same as making Dominion unavailable until level 15/20. When I was smurfing on a low level account, I often got to play with and against level 30s. Granted, I got to reasonably high Elo rather quickly, so I suppose that might not be representative for what a real beginner would go through. Still, do we really need 6 bans per game? 4 bans should be able to remove the most egregious OPs from the game.

Malah

04-16-2014

Huh, my post got deleted. I was saying keep blind pick until 30 then switch it to blind draft. If you reach level 30 without 11 champions with owned + freebies together, you're doing something wrong when you can buy a bunch of 450/1350's instead of a 4800/6300.

@Syl: 4 bans works but I'm going to go with whichever means less work for MWAB meaning more chance we get it. 4 bans weeds out most of the champions that should be disabled, 6 would allow some slight room for taste (stompy bot laner, get rid of a second OP assassin, ect) or for low elo players to eliminate pubstompers.

Again, though, it depends on whether he can straight up rip the code (comes with 6 bans) or he has to rebuild it for Dominion (4 may be faster). I'm not going to pretend to know anything about programming.

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

04-18-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I assume this would replace draft queue? I don't think 3 queues is viable.

Not sure this is possible, but I'll see what I can do.

Stofen

04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post

Seeing as how we don't even have 2 viable queues I think the better choice would be to simply have 1 Blind Draft queue.

Fancy Wolf

04-18-2014

Quote:

I dont know how accurate that new website is, but apparently draft only ever has like 2-3 people in it...http://queue.proreplays.net/#/na

So yes, erasing draft and replacing it with blind draft would be great! Im also all for having blind draft being the only q, so people dont go try to waste time in a useless q.

Mandaari

04-18-2014

Quote:

As long as it doesn't replace straight blind pick. There are a lot of people, myself included, that don't like dealing with extra fluff in champ select like ban phases.

12345612 ... 17