Update on DDoS Issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Üdderchaos

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping Knoxville View Post
so. i just got what i belived drophacked ... or wtvr. 15min in game. then me and my friend got disconnected of it. and can't get it. 40min has passed. and the game hasnt even end yet. wtf am i supose to do then ???
Unfortunately, you, like me, will probably suffer a loss, lose points, or get a "ban" of some kind, since apparently its easier to punish victims than fix problems.

DadSav

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortik View Post
So your goal is "let's ban the abusers" not "let's fix the exploit"

Am I getting that right? Did I miss something?

This is correct; they don't know how, or cannot easily with their technology in place, fix the exploit. So the only other real option is to ban the abusers.

Dokter Djoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Üdderchaos View Post
Unfortunately, you, like me, will probably suffer a loss, lose points, or get a "ban" of some kind, since apparently its easier to punish victims than fix problems.
well.. the game i was playing in. IT DOESNT EXCIST.. there is no trace of it.. 1 hour of life wasted waiting for it. .. please do something riot

OK no. i take it back. i now i CANT join any game cuz "im still in a game"

Üdderchaos

04-16-2014

Quote:
well.. the game i was playing in. IT DOESNT EXCIST.. there is no trace of it.. 1 hour of life wasted waiting for it. .. please do something riot
Wait.. you actually were able to get back in to league? I'm still sitting at this ****ing retry screen...

EDIT.. oh oh ok. So you are still broken too.

Let go get somethign to drink, even though we're in different cities, and pretend we're discussing something that isn't broken... like Fire Ants.

Dokter Djoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2014

Quote:
Wait.. you actually were able to get back in to league? I'm still sitting at this ****ing retry screen...
when they ask u to try again. click cancel . u are back to the chat. so u can chat.. but u can't do anything else. like atm i can chat with anyone on my list but i can't do anything

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

04-16-2014
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortik View Post
So your goal is "let's ban the abusers" not "let's fix the exploit"

Am I getting that right? Did I miss something?
That's an incorrect assumption. We're doing both. We're solving the technical side of the drophacks and fixing the exploits, but this messaging here is to let everyone know that the act of drophacking is punishable, and we're acting on data that has been collected about the abusers.

Dokter Djoki

04-16-2014

Quote:

EDIT.. oh oh ok. So you are still broken too.

Let go get somethign to drink, even though we're in different cities, and pretend we're discussing something that isn't broken... like Fire Ants.
hahah indeed. let's go grab a drink.. FOR NARDIA!

Üdderchaos

04-16-2014

Quote:
hahah indeed. let's go grab a drink.. FOR NARDIA!
YES!

All I have is my wife's Strawberry Redd's... lol

decompact

04-16-2014

so this seems to the place to go right now. riot you've had your ups and downs. and retarded people who cant win but lose and have to hack to get their way, they are sad. but come on, your a gamin industry, you have the technology, can you just break the internet and go to the culprits house and set their dog on fire to get the message across. i will help lol.

Alphard

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by decompact View Post
so this seems to the place to go right now. riot you've had your ups and downs. and retarded people who cant win but lose and have to hack to get their way, they are sad. but come on, your a gamin industry, you have the technology, can you just break the internet and go to the culprits house and set their dog on fire to get the message across. i will help lol.
Ya riot stop being such a ****ty gaming company lmao