Update on DDoS Issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galextresia

04-16-2014

So I actually got drop hacked a few days ago while playing a ranked game (duo) in silver. We were winning by a land slide, but still didn't take any inhibs. Right as we engaged in a teamfight that would surely snowball the game, I disconnected. I closed the client and tried to rejoin the game multiple times, but it just went black and gave me an error along the lines of "a firewall is preventing this application from working correctly," where I then had the option to "retry" which consequentially closed the client. I messaged my duo Q partner and apparently he had been disconnected as well. We had to wait until the game ended (edit: the server closed the game). The weirdest part was it never showed up at all in my match history -- like it never happened.

Like who the hell drop hacks in Silver?

Kraked

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galextresia View Post
So I actually got drop hacked a few days ago while playing a ranked game (duo) in silver. We were winning by a land slide, but still didn't take any inhibs. Right as we engaged in a teamfight that would surely snowball the game, I disconnected. I closed the client and tried to rejoin the game multiple times, but it just went black and gave me an error along the lines of "a firewall is preventing this application from working correctly," where I then had the option to "retry" which consequentially closed the client. I messaged my duo Q partner and apparently he had been disconnected as well. We had to wait until the game ended (edit: the server closed the game). The weirdest part was it never showed up at all in my match history -- like it never happened.

People that are bad at the game and want to get to challenger. That's why people drop hack in the first place.

Cirath

04-16-2014

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ URF or We Riot つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hexed Executable

04-16-2014

Thank you, based Gradius.

ForsakenGuard142

04-16-2014

yeah riot you see when this becomes a parent issue that can drop players rank and MMR you need to seek a way to either remove the person ddosing or close the ranked play so that people cannot cheat. At the moment this is unfair to have the matter cause issues to players while you look for a solutions and thought yes, its a saying like play at your own risk and i understand things do take time but their are players not me that may be experiencing this far more often and causing them to get reported banned or worse. id advise you to block ranked for a bit until u have the issue detailed or fixed. lost a ranked game just now due to this probably. But you know life goes on .

Rortik

04-16-2014

So your goal is "let's ban the abusers" not "let's fix the exploit"

Am I getting that right? Did I miss something?

jimlaheysadrunk

04-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galextresia View Post

this exact thing is happening to me this very moment. i want to kill people.

Angantyr1974

04-16-2014

Drophacked 2 min agoo, seems to me he pull the triger to soon, we dont even finish to load the start macht page... this is out of control right now....

Üdderchaos

04-16-2014

I already raged about this in another threat, but this seems to have more traction...

Riot... what do you want me to do here. I'm in the middle of a game, it disconnects, as it has been about 1/3 of the time. The game then crashed after 10 minutes of the reconnect message. Now, I'm getting some bull**** Firewall message and the option to retry or cancel. I've been hitting retry for another 20 minutes now because hitting Cancel pops up a THREAT that YOU ARE GOING TO give me a time ban or knock me out of my series..... Seriously... your **** is broken, not mine.... Do you just expect me to keep hitting Retry? And will hitting Retry keep me from receiving the threatened time ban or series drop?

Dokter Djoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2014

so. i just got what i belived drophacked ... or wtvr. 15min in game. then me and my friend got disconnected of it. and can't get it. 40min has passed. and the game hasnt even end yet. wtf am i supose to do then ???