Update on DDoS Issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwfulPlayer19

04-16-2014

Thank You

Squeaker LoL

04-16-2014

Now, if only someone was giving us info on whether or not the High End Graphics Bug is being fixed yet...

Hostile

04-16-2014

Thanks for addressing this in a post, and good luck with everything ..

Jaams007

04-16-2014

Thanks a lot for putting this thread out, it's happened to me 3 games in the past 2 days, and knowledge about what it was is much appreciated . Good luck fixing it and keep us updated if there's anything else that can be used to catch these people.

Kayne See

04-16-2014

Tyvm

Jinxed Amulet

04-16-2014

Thanks for the heads up!

What if the game doesn't appear in your game history and you were unable to connect to the match? Do you think that is an issue with our ISP or could that be a possible drophack attempt? It happened to me twice where after champ select the loading screen said "Firewall error" and wouldn't connect to the game.

After about several attempts, it kicked everyone back to the main homepage as if the game never existed. We didn't lose LP or anything, but it was still weird o.o

Should those instances be reported?

Chankston

04-16-2014

ty

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2014

Thx for this Gradius

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

04-16-2014
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed Amulet View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

What if the game doesn't appear in your game history and you were unable to connect to the match? Do you think that is an issue with our ISP or could that be a possible drophack attempt? It happened to me twice where after champ select the loading screen said "Firewall error" and wouldn't connect to the game.

After about several attempts, it kicked everyone back to the main homepage as if the game never existed. We didn't lose LP or anything, but it was still weird o.o

Should those instances be reported?
In that case, I would still suggest that you report the game, and provide as much detail as possible, especially if there were any players on either team suggesting that they would drop the game.

asdfghjkl 7

04-16-2014

Unless someone is stupid enough to tell you theyre about to DDOS, the only thing you could do is screenshot every single loading screen and send Riot a ticket with the names of the 5 players on the team that was losing if the game is dropped since you normally cannot get back into your game once you get dropped and it doesn't appear in your match history or on LoLking. Although from what I remember from last time games were being DDOS attacked to this extent, the attacks could affect the entire server and not just your specific game, meaning that the attacker might not even be someoe in your game. Not sure if this has changed or not.

I got dropped 3 times in my last 10 ranked games and haven't played since then. IMO, LoL is currently unplayable until Riot manages to find a fix for this.