Team Builder is live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4The Song2

04-14-2014

Team builder should be available for Co-op vs Ai too

Goron12

shhtzreal

04-14-2014

team builder is a decent idea.....queue times too long, and URF is still more fun.

Its funny how something originating as a joke turns out to be so popular, yet this **** theyve been developing is face planting....

I think they took away urf to try and bring focus to team builder....what a joke

Zerana

04-15-2014

I love team builder but i still can't pick what champs are in my comp ideas, not without kicking half the servers

Proximus D

04-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4The Song2 View Post
Team builder should be available for Co-op vs Ai too
I don't see the need for that because the bots are pushovers anyways.

If you're top lane, you can just go around the corner of your top jungle - the bots will follow you and die to the tower.
If you play without any mid lane at all, the jungler can just occasionally come mid and clear all the creeps - the bots early on won't shove at all, just last hit.

You can literally play anything you want and can't lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperWraith View Post
2- Honestly, I don't know why anyone would queue for support anyways! If you really want to play support you can just go blind pick and call support and people would be more than happy to let you be support, and you save yourself the hassle of waiting.
There also is literally no waiting in Team Builder as a support.
Also people are generally a bit more friendly because you don't have the "me mid!" "no, me!" "then duo mid, or you dodge!" "/all push mid, this is over since minute one, I'm afk" nonsense.
Also you can just leave a lobby if you think the team comp won't work out.
This is why I haven't played a single normal blind pick since the TB is available as a support/jungle main. The athmosphere is generally more enjoyable and I'm thinking "well, if I play support in TB, I can reduce the wait time of 4 other guys a bit. So - why not?"

SSrikeShadow

04-15-2014

I think team builder is a great idea. It removes a ton of toxicity because that's usually caused by position choices and people forced to play positions they don't do well and being raged at for doing poorly.

It also allows the captain to construct a team around the champ he wants to play. If he wants to go tank middle he can restrict the other lanes to focus on damage. If he wants to go solo Cait top, he can ensure he has tank jungle and ap mid/support to give a better damage mix. He can even go duo jung, duo mid. or something if he wants to set it up that way.

The only thing it fails at is banning, but that might restrict the number of players too much. In fact, I think Riot has so many champs now that they should remove banning altogether because it just wastes time.

Blind pick, of course, needs to go now that team builder can fill that niche.

I think it'd also be nice if he could make the game a 6 or 4 man game too.

Manikal

04-15-2014

I think team builder is a great idea in theory but the wait times on lanes like mid and top are absolutely brutal. 25+ minutes just to get into a game is a huge waste of my time, must fix.

UnitHavoc

04-15-2014

Will team builder ever count towards your normal ranking?

I Graphic I

04-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manikal View Post
I think team builder is a great idea in theory but the wait times on lanes like mid and top are absolutely brutal. 25+ minutes just to get into a game is a huge waste of my time, must fix.
Your waiting for top and mid lanes??? What about bot lane.. Also it is a great idea.

Malhaloc

04-15-2014

Please make team builder available for ranked!