Team Builder is live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheeChameleon

04-12-2014

Looking for players/followers to join TeamTant new Live Stream. getting on soon click follow!www.twitch.tv/teamtant

rathelord

04-12-2014

I'd be happy to play support... if I could get into Team Builder. Still awaiting ANY information on why it's been locked for sub-25 players. Still feel it's a horrible idea that will almost certainly drive off potential players (and, obviously, customers). Still disappointed by lack of communication about this as it apparently hasn't been mentioned ANYWHERE and is an entirely stealth nerf to the system (and our fun).

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-12-2014
18 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathelord View Post
I'd be happy to play support... if I could get into Team Builder. Still awaiting ANY information on why it's been locked for sub-25 players. Still feel it's a horrible idea that will almost certainly drive off potential players (and, obviously, customers). Still disappointed by lack of communication about this as it apparently hasn't been mentioned ANYWHERE and is an entirely stealth nerf to the system (and our fun).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contra Malum View Post
We have to be lvl 25 to play teambuilder now??
We're running a lot of experiments in Team Builder at all times, and messaging for this one slipped a bit.

Right now, we're trying to see different ways we can improve the Team Builder experience, and we're seeing some queue time issues and match quality issues with lower level players. The vast majority of Team Builder games are Level 30 games, and because there are fewer low level players playing Team Builder, queue times are longer for low level players and the matches tend to be pretty lopsided (and sometimes stomps!). This is ultimately a poor experience for brand new low level players getting their feet wet in League of Legends.

We'll collect some data for awhile with Team Builder set to Level 25 while we brainstorm ways in the future to make Team Builder accessible for all level ranges without the decreases in match quality. For example, maybe it's something as simple as allowing you to be invited into a Team Builder game by someone who is Level 25 or higher. But, we haven't figured out what we want to do here yet.

rathelord

04-12-2014

Thanks for the feedback Lyte.

I strongly hope you'll reconsider this in the short term, though. I've just had a night full of defeats because of squabbling teams and badly chosen champs. It's frustrating and it's not fun, and reminds me of why I quit playing LoL the last two times (you can check my account- it's been up for quite a while, but I always get discouraged by this). You can *obviously* see from the public feedback that most people prefer waiting longer to not having it at all.

As I said before, I think we'd all be content with you just slapping a "Que times may be longer in Team Builder" message on Team Builder in some very obvious way and letting people chose. I'd take longer ques any day of the week, hands down. It improves the quality of your game tenfold.

Further, I'm not convinced even less than optimal match-making is going to change the ratio of stomps to fair games by that much. After a night of getting massacred I can tell you random isn't doing much better; I've been que'd both against higher level players and smurfs and matched with players on my team who don't even understand the basics of the game- at level 19.

In the interest of offering some constructive advice alongside with my disappointed rant- showing people what roles are needed most (and the average wait time per role) could have a big impact on que times. I usually play support, which is typically quick, but I occasionally find myself waiting on other spots I wouldn't have guessed. I'm sure myself and others would happily pick more needed roles to make ques faster for not only ourselves, but for everyone. Further, it might be worth considering offering a small boost to players that chose a needed role/lane- something like 25 IP or a short IP boost.

At the end of the day, I'd take *anything* over not having it, but I (and others I believe) feel that it boosts the quality of life of LoL players by such an extent that it would be a grievous mistake to continue not letting newer players (who, in reality, probably benefit *most* from the experience as they're the players you're *more* likely to lose versus players who've been around for a long time) use Team Builder.

Sincerely,

Almost ready to quit League again.

PeanutsDamage

04-12-2014

Some buttons now have new sound effects!!

rathelord

04-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
and because there are fewer low level players playing Team Builder, queue times are longer for low level players and the matches tend to be pretty lopsided (and sometimes stomps!). This is ultimately a poor experience for brand new low level players getting their feet wet in League of Legends.
Actually want to respond directly to this also. I think maybe you should do some surveys or something, because as a newly returning player and still fairly green myself, I think you're WAY off base to say that Team Builder is ruining experiences for newer players. I just... can't even describe how wrong this is to me, as a newer player. I'm utterly at a loss for words- the week or so I played with Team Builder was the most fun I've ever had in League, and it's once again severely diminished by the pettiness and headaches of the normal que's. I'm telling you right now as a "new low level player" you're referring to- you're wrong.

If you wanted to make this level 5, or maybe level 10, I could maybe understand this. But even then- Team Builder teaches people what LoL is all about. It explains to them which champs should go to which lane, how many people go to each lane, etc. I learned all of that by having better players berate and shout at me- new players now can learn that with a system that guides them into it naturally. It's just... I understand you're experimenting right now, but I simply can't wrap my mind around this decision.

5AcrossTheEyes

04-13-2014

How come when I queue as support, suddenly the wait is Very Long. Mid pops more than that..

Hexss

04-13-2014

7 min+ queue for mid

X Y M Y Y H

04-13-2014

http://splur.gy/r/xyt31/r/2KPrGXNkYbs skin giveaway

Semanti

04-13-2014

I came back to league to find out...... Teambuilder is locked to lvl 25. That's a mistake.
To honestly think that the player skill difference is immense between lvl 20 and lvl 30s you are mistaken. There are tons of lvl 30 players who are less skilled than lvl 20 players.
You're not improving anyone's experience.
I can't play with my friends now since they refuse to play anything other than teambuilder.
Normal pick's are ridiculous, people argue and purposefully lose games if they dont get the slot they want. I hope you change this soon, cause plenty of players will take their money elsewhere... like to smite.