Team Builder is live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oozuh

04-10-2014

Being level 25 to play in Team Builder queue isn't very fair. I'm fairly new to the game, and I'm only level 22. I have 15 Normal queue mode game wins, and have pretty much exclusively played Team Builder queue for the duration of my LoL "career". I can't help but feel punished and being shunned from something I truly enjoy and play with my friends every day. I have read and understand that there is prolonged queue times due to imbalance from MMR, but I'm still upset I can't play via Team Builder.

I guess I can go back to playing Normal's, listening "x position or i'll feed"..

Feeling let down.

Raue Drakenhaart

04-10-2014

If you think that this was the right decision, please, fill us in Riot. We are waiting.

Also, if MMR is the problem, fix the problem, not the symptom.

binaryPsychic

04-10-2014

Not too upset about the long queue time, but yeah that could be improved.

HOWEVER

I really wish that the teambuilder wins would count for PvP (because really that's the only mode it can be used for) wins because really this queue is easier to play because people don't argue for positions, do the "x position or I'll feed", and no one's forced into a role that they don't want.

I've played more TeamBuilder than regular pvp and have more wins, but the only stats counted on the client AND lolking.net are the pvp wins.

rathelord

04-10-2014

Heya Lyte (et al),

I just wanted to give some brief insight into my Team Builder experiences.

First, the wait is normally perfectly bearable for me- typically less than 5 minutes, occasionally as much as ten in off hours. I'm 100% okay with this wait time, because Team Builder is the most fun I've ever had in League. Typically I drift in and out every coupla months- my account has been active for a long time now, but I'm still only level 17. The mad struggle to pick the champ and role you want when entering a game, and the squabbling and arguing that typically followed, were pretty much my #1 turn-off for this game, and Team Builder has alleviated this issue 100%. I've been having a blast!

Until today. Today you decided for some reason I honestly can't fathom that I'm not allowed to play Team Builder until level 25. I have to say, I'm really perturbed. Why not let low level players use Team Builder? I realize it's only a somewhat temporary set-back- 8 levels more and I won't have to worry about it. I'm not sure I have 8 more levels of in-fighting and not getting to play what I want left in me, though. There's a distinct possibility that I may get sick of it and walk away before then- and I just spent $ 20 on the Digital Deluxe Edition, because with Team Builder around I was getting truly excited about being part of this game and it's community for the first time.

If it's a matter of que times being longer for lower level players, that's fine. Put a big red banner when you click on Team Builder that says "Que times in team builder may be longer than in normal que" or something like that. Consider people warned. It's well worth the wait.

Sincerely disappointed and hope you guys revert this change soon. It's a huge step in the wrong direction for Team Builder and I think it's going to actively drive away new customers and old players alike.

DeadlyQuestion

04-10-2014

Here's a suggestion: Make the solo players (not captains) suffer the same time-out penalty for leaving a group they accepted into, just like in champ select of a normal match. Part of Team Builder is having to be patient and wait, and what's making wait times longer is people being accepted into a team, not wanting to wait, and leaving, hoping the next captain that accepts them will have a full team ready. I remember an FAQ saying if you leave groups excessively/if a captain kicks players excessively either will have longer wait times, but practically no one has read that FAQ and so nearly no one realizes they might be having to wait longer, so they do it over and over and over.

Zayron12

Recruiter

04-10-2014

So I really like team builder, I've had a lot of fun on it, but why the heck do you have to be lvl 25 now (I'm lvl 20). I can see like lvl 12, so everyone haves flash or like lvl 15 even lvl 20 so everyone can have tier 3 runes. But why level 25 common riot why cant I play team build?

Tomba AD

04-10-2014

Really not a fan of making it 25...but to be honest I will probably never use it, i'll either have my own groups made or do another queue, it took me 20+ minutes to get into every game and I still was matched with people who had NO CLUE what they were doing, just chose an area to get in faster, it didn't improve the quality at all in lower levels, at level 30 i'm sure it's invaluable

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-10-2014
17 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryPsychic View Post
Not too upset about the long queue time, but yeah that could be improved.

HOWEVER

I really wish that the teambuilder wins would count for PvP (because really that's the only mode it can be used for) wins because really this queue is easier to play because people don't argue for positions, do the "x position or I'll feed", and no one's forced into a role that they don't want.

I've played more TeamBuilder than regular pvp and have more wins, but the only stats counted on the client AND lolking.net are the pvp wins.
We'll be fixing Team Builder stats to count towards Normal Stats in the EOG and Summoner Profile in the future.

rathelord

04-10-2014

Lyte any comment on driving newer players away by capping the level at 25? I think that's a gross mistake.

Dionysus69

04-10-2014

This is absolutely a mistake. So now I can't team build with my friends that are just getting into pvp with their level 10s? This needs to be reviewed ASAP. I can see plenty of ppl that have already complained.