i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleepingfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

Just wanted to say grats on so much IP and share my 2cents. The rent a skin idea sounds fcking fantastic. Would love a try before you buy since we have a limited number of refunds. Wouldn't mind it costing tons of IP either. I have everything i want with IP too so it's just going to accrue at this point (nowhere near your ridiculous amounts right now though :P)

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2014

I'm almost to that point myself. I've got less than 20 champs left to buy and own almost all the runes. I'll have everything bought before the end of the year, then I can start accumulating useless IP!

I stalk the jung

04-08-2014

theres people like athene who have 1m+ IP.
I know of quite a few others who have 100-600k+ too.

Owl Be Back

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAintDarius View Post
A few of these prizes don't feel like they are worth spending years grinding IP /:

50K IP just to change your rank name?!
100K for a splashart icon?!
7800 just to be first pick in ONE game? (Bonus feels for when you lose horribly)

I highly doubt most of the community is that dedicated or has that much IP just lying around like you for such simple add-ons...
it's not supposed to be worth it

it's just supposed to be something ridiculous

imo

I'm not asking for alot, riot needs to make money

I'm just asking for whatever

GoobMudtoe

04-08-2014

"You say it like it's an issue."

I do think it's an issue.

Although I imagine the number of first time players is probably slowing down now, there are still people creating first accounts.

If you have smurfs with rune\mastery pages at level 1, that's not going to be a good experience for people with no runes\masteries trying to figure out the tactics\strategies\mechanics of the game.

I think it would be an unfair advantage, especially coupled with the fact that the smurfs already know all that.

Owl Be Back

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobMudtoe View Post
"You say it like it's an issue."

I do think it's an issue.

Although I imagine the number of first time players is probably slowing down now, there are still people creating first accounts.

If you have smurfs with rune\mastery pages at level 1, that's not going to be a good experience for people with no runes\masteries trying to figure out the tactics\strategies\mechanics of the game.

I think it would be an unfair advantage, especially coupled with the fact that the smurfs already know all that.
only giftable to players who have been on ur friends list for 4 monthes

ShiggyPiggy

04-08-2014

Or another option is giving the ability to buy skins with ip for like idk 30 thousand maybe 50? Im running into the same issue almost to the point where i nearly jokingly changed my name just to change it back literally right after.

Owl Be Back

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiggyPiggy View Post
Or another option is giving the ability to buy skins with ip for like idk 30 thousand maybe 50? Im running into the same issue almost to the point where i nearly jokingly changed my name just to change it back literally right after.
i know this feel

zackypooh

04-08-2014

I like ur 9

ComatosePhoenix

04-08-2014

Sale token is cool.

Why reuse some of the referal awards? buying a place in history seems like a fun idea.