Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQP122 View Post
lol the lane's wide enough for all 10 heros to stand in a line spanning across it and if you're getting snared so much, maybe u shouldn't headbutt their CC team and pick them off one by one via ambush. and like i said, just focus him. he dies in 3 hits. and he's still super slow.
So I should wait until I fight a Twitch on a bad team to counter him? And it's not like he doesn't stop pushes/ambushes flat with his ult being "gtfo or die." It's implausible to expect every one of your teammates to never, ever line up during a team fight.

Twitch dies in 3 hits, if you can reach him. Good thing he can pick the time and location he shows up to a team fight and his ult gives him some of the longest range in the game. Oracles doesn't help here, because if Twitch is anything but an idiot, he will be stealthed but still next to his team during the 5 man gank phase.

bobsmiththethird

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Sink or Swim heroes that either dominate a game or are just gank fodder:

Yi
Twitch
Evelyn
Shaco

Most useful at all points in a game:

Blitzcrank

Heroes that make me groan when I see them:

Warwick- Will usually spend more time jungling for buffs than he will using them on the other team. Will hog buffs all game that are much more useful on other heroes.

Heimerdigger- Either a noob who likes to turtle, or a player who wants to prove his "pro-ness" by playing a gimp hero. I have NEVER seen heimerdigger do well in a game where he didn't have melee heroes constantly hurling themselves into his turret nests. Mobility is the name of the game mid to late and it takes Heimer several minutes to set up a decent turret nest that can be torn down instantly by one-third of the heroes in the game. The biggest groan I ever had was seeing a Heimerdigger take ghostwalk o___o

Jana- So many better support choices

Annie- Maybe 1 out of 10 people who pick her can play her well.
exactly what he said.
except i also will rq out of champ select if theres a katarina on my team.

Basilisk9466

12-30-2009

Most powerful:
Twitch - Lethal if he knows what he's doing and you make a mistake, and more to the point, a really unpleasant tower killer. Stealth means you don't know until too late, and his ult means he can really tear through an undefended tower.
Yi - Not as scared of him as most seem to be, but the rate at which he can chew through a tower late game is just plain unfair.
Nidalee - Although outperformed in some roles, she's a jack of all trades and is one of the deadliest assassins out there. Vulnerable to CC and much less useful in a team fight, but highly capable and her burst damage from Cougar tends to cause panic, making her even harder (though not impossible) to counter.

Most useful:
Soraka - I'm shocked at how underused she is. Someone able to keep a Nasus alive while he towerdives after an injured champ, taking fire from the tower, minions and two champs is pretty ridiculous. She's also got an instant effect manaless silence the equal of Kassadin, and an ability to hits everything nearby, making her a huge threat in a team battle, quite apart from her healing. Useless 1v1, but 2v2 or greater, I'd bet on Soraka's side under most circumstances.
Twisted Fate - I won't deny that he has some very nasty abilities, but I'm not convinced about him being an absolute killing machine, hence his exemption from the 'most powerful'. However, even nerfed, Gate gives him insane mobility. I've taken down towers quite easily while the enemy team is chasing around mine on the other side of the map, then retreated before they can counter.
Fiddlesticks - Although not the best nuker late game, two pretty severe disables, a flash-AoE-nuke ult and a hefty lifesteal spell all makes him a huge pain in the rear, whether alone or as part of the group.

Least useful:
Evelynn - So easily countered, and some heroes are even capable of killing her even if stunned and surprised. Even if she doesn't have that problem, she is the single worst team-fight contributor due to Hate Spike's randomness.
Ashe - Better CCers, better carries. She has a free frozen mallet that costs mana and gives no health or damage, a distinctly poor farming ability, and two reasonably good ones. She's only good for chasing. Other champs can do anything else better.
Alistar - On paper, deadly. In reality, a useless hunk of meat that I never find anything more than an annoyance.

John Q Public

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
So I should wait until I fight a Twitch on a bad team to counter him? And it's not like he doesn't stop pushes/ambushes flat with his ult being "gtfo or die." It's implausible to expect every one of your teammates to never, ever line up during a team fight.

Twitch dies in 3 hits, if you can reach him. Good thing he can pick the time and location he shows up to a team fight and his ult gives him some of the longest range in the game. Oracles doesn't help here, because if Twitch is anything but an idiot, he will be stealthed but still next to his team during the 5 man gank phase.
my team never ever lines up more than 2 guys. if a twitch pops up, chances are he's close enough for a charge or a ranged stun. i've never seen a twitch use his ult at the very edge of his range cuz that's just a waste of mana. If you can't kill twitch, either you have the worst teammates or ur extremely unlucky.

daNNux

12-30-2009

Best
Yi
Sivir
Twitch

All have insane dps/teamboosting skills.

Most useful
Twisted Fate
Shaco
Sivir

Least useful
Mundo (he has no clear role and 1 , high damage-low attackspeed, ult destroyed execalling)
Soraka (also killed by execalling, before that she was acutally one of the most useful)
Heimerdinger (As a Mundo player im used to play a low-tier champ but eaven i cry when i see a heimer in my team) of 250+ games i have played i have seen like 2 good heimerplayers and both were when he were released. And that was like 240 games ago...)

Shiyuka

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBean View Post
Whoever said there is no imbalance is simply wrong.

The bottomfeeders:
Udyr (Yes, the beastyboy. So, he is extremely hard to kill. He can also kill someone if he is allowed to chase him across the map. So what?)
Heimer (So he has 2 nukes. Why not just use veigar or annie instead?)
Katarina (Dont get me wrong, Ive player with some pretty awesome Katas. Its just that she is all about her ult and it can be interupted. She is also fragile.)
Said that again! I know 1 player can make Udyr god like.He joined 1v3 and kill 2 of them. If i havent run too fast, he would have killed me.
Champion is balance, only ppl can make them flying in the sky.

Melonyan

12-31-2009

The best hero right now is Shaco, so overpowered it's not even funny. I never used to think this until I played him. If theres a Shaco in your game and he's not owning then congrats you've met someone truly awful. Everything about this hero is completely broken. Theres a handful of others I consider strong but not enough to narrow down 2 others I'd place as the best 3.

For the worst, I'll have to say heimer. Though I got lolstomped today by a heimer who soloed mid. He didn't take the turrets first, and he owned our solo, then ganked bot a couple of times.The guy was fed way too much too early and his spells were annihilating our team(he took mejais), and when the rockets are undodgable thats bad news. It was pretty funny and embarassing at the same time. Again I won't pick 3 because I don't want to. No one else is as bad as heimer.

Basilisk9466

12-31-2009

Shaco is incredibly overrated. Most of my mains can eat him for breakfast - he's got a couple of nice nukes, a great escape/ambush, and hallucinate is a pain in the rear, but his disables are frankly poor, he's squishy, and if a good carry can lock him down, he dies, end of.

He's not a bad champ by any standards. I enjoy playing with him, and can get a decent KDR. He just doesn't feel any more powerful than my other assassin mains, and I'm more annoyed than scared if I see him on the other team, because I know he's nearly impossible to catch if he didn't overcommit to an attack.

John Q Public

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Shaco is incredibly overrated. Most of my mains can eat him for breakfast - he's got a couple of nice nukes, a great escape/ambush, and hallucinate is a pain in the rear, but his disables are frankly poor, he's squishy, and if a good carry can lock him down, he dies, end of.

He's not a bad champ by any standards. I enjoy playing with him, and can get a decent KDR. He just doesn't feel any more powerful than my other assassin mains, and I'm more annoyed than scared if I see him on the other team, because I know he's nearly impossible to catch if he didn't overcommit to an attack.
if you can solo baron without being 18, u're over powered.

macsauce

12-31-2009

BEST:

Twitch
Yii
Cho'Gath

USEFUL:

TF
Sivir
Herm

Worst:

Katrina