Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vempyre

04-07-2014

I have to say I'm really liking this rework.

I like playing him tanky and focusing on maxing Q early for lane / jungle but maxing it last with W first and e second and playing him as a tanky catman with unique supportive elements.

Great scouting with his bonetooth active and his ultimate while being a massive tank with his Roar and a team savior / long range catcher with his E.

It is going to feel amazing when you boost his ult to where they are not alerted if they do not have vision of you, so I can pop ult, place a ward, maybe find easy prey and call in my team to make plays.

The only suggestions I would like to make it making his BASE DAMAGE ONLY of his Q apply damage to structures. I miss taking down structures very fast with backdooring. Too fast? very much so, but I really liked that about him.

Hopefully the q buff will help his early clears so that will fix my 2nd complaint.

I actually liked Skarner's rework, but I by far like Rengar's more.

RyuPhalian

04-07-2014

Can we at least get an update to his W? I have read it like 20 times and I still don't know if it means that at a base of 30, the bonus 50% would mean +15 per enemy champ/large jungle mob hit or if it means that the first would give 50% but then the second receives 50% of the first so it's 30+15+7.5

KtoxXD

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.
I'm sorry for asking about this again (might have gone under the radar), but I've found that his empowered Q buff does not stack (like Q->empQ used to with the AS) if you manage to reach 5 ferocity before the previous buff runs out- it just refreshes the duration.
Is this intentional? If so, could you say so in the Patch Notes or his tooltip?
Also, if possible, please add a "Doesn't work on structures" line for his Q; unless you've read the Patch Notes, the only way to figure that out is testing it out.
Thanks!

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vempyre View Post
I have to say I'm really liking this rework.

I like playing him tanky and focusing on maxing Q early for lane / jungle but maxing it last with W first and e second and playing him as a tanky catman with unique supportive elements.

Great scouting with his bonetooth active and his ultimate while being a massive tank with his Roar and a team savior / long range catcher with his E.

It is going to feel amazing when you boost his ult to where they are not alerted if they do not have vision of you, so I can pop ult, place a ward, maybe find easy prey and call in my team to make plays.

The only suggestions I would like to make it making his BASE DAMAGE ONLY of his Q apply damage to structures. I miss taking down structures very fast with backdooring. Too fast? very much so, but I really liked that about him.

Hopefully the q buff will help his early clears so that will fix my 2nd complaint.

I actually liked Skarner's rework, but I by far like Rengar's more.
Playing new Rengar like that is pretty much playing Nasus with less damage, but has an unreliable gapcloser.

The Black Okami

04-07-2014

I've dedicated today to learning how to jungle this new Rengar, and I'm not gonna lie, he is far better at jungling than the old one. That being said his first clear is soooooooooooo ugly and of course he has bugs. But in the jungle he is an improvement.

Can't say much about top lane, I've never really liked laning with him.

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

Not sure why Vempyre is getting downvotes.

This summoner is just stating their opinion that they like the work Scruffy has done and it works with their playstyle.

If you don't agree with popular opinion, guess you are shunned by society. :/

eatsgokuforlunch

04-07-2014

Quote:
After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.
fingers crossed but right now this kitty is miserable

Have you thought about giving attack speed on his Q he feels sluggish due to this because unless he can q every 2 secs he absolutely needs his attack speed on normal Q.

If someone catches him with 0 ferocity right now early in the game he is probably dead..And its all because of no attack speed and laughable damage on q

Ololoshev

04-07-2014

Quote:
It only took you months of internal and PBE testing to fugire that out, just like Q bug. Quality service it is, huh?

Rengar is life

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Ryukudo View Post
Not sure why Vempyre is getting downvotes.

This summoner is just stating their opinion that they like the work Scruffy has done and it works with their playstyle.

If you don't agree with popular opinion, guess you are shunned by society. :/
I think it's stupid to downvote people who like it. I like some aspects of it, but it's pretty terrible compared to old Rengar.

I just wish Scruffy would reply to our asks for simple discussion instead of radio silence with short bursts of noise.

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ololoshev View Post
It only took you months of internal and PBE testing to fugire that out, just like Q bug. Quality service it is, huh?
Sometimes fixing existing problems create new ones. Someone stated that a fix they did to one of Rengars bugs introduced new ones..just don't remember right off the top of my head.

Like I stated, not all possible bugs will be caught at once. Some people don't notice these kind of details, like for instance; when I played Rengar 2 games after rework, I didn't notice the max ferocity level 2 bug or the lag on his Q. Not everyone catches things all at once.