Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gier ist Amnesie

04-07-2014

Thanks for ruining rengar for us all. He WAS my favorite champ.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-07-2014
19 of 21 Riot Posts

After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.

RyuPhalian

04-07-2014

I don't understand why they had to change so much. His Ult was simple yet effective. Took you from point A to point B quickly, stealthy, and rose you to max Ferocity so you're ready for the kill.

His Q was a simple AA buff. What I find more insulting is that this change also came at the same time as Feral Flare, which would have been nothing but awesome on Rengar's old Q but now you might as well go Elder Lizard. This feels like it's just for Ferocity stacking and NOTHING else.

New Bola I don't mind, longer range, good damage, take more skill though.

Why didn't Riot just change Rengar's Bonetooth Necklace to the Trinket, change his Bola, and how the Empowered abilities scale off of level and lot rank? Why did they mess with some perfectly good abilities? He can't deal damage, last in a team fight, or sneak around. The fact that Scruffy has already fixed the Q-bug but hasn't hotfixed it yet (Or even PBE it) is insulting. Speaking of PBE, the change to Rengar's Ult, that it won't warn enemies if he already wouldn't be able to be seen is just a huge middle finger. Not warn enemies if they wouldn't normally see us? What's the point of using your stealth if they couldn't see you normally anyway!?

All Best Rengar

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
After getting some data, we're also looking into buffing his early lane/jungle clear through damage on Q. These changes should go out with the next patch.

Still downvoting you scumbag

RyuPhalian

04-07-2014

Quote:
Here's an idea, give Rengar his old Q. The bonus attack speed would not only help against jungle mobs, but also allow him to use the new Feral Flare since it only helps champs with RELIABLE attack speed boosts. He can't use it well because he can't jungle quickly yet it needs a LOT of farm to utilize. Also some more durability wouldn't hurt, Rengar already finds team fights difficult and we would like to last 2 seconds without exploding.

009Deathwolf

04-07-2014

Quote:

Best thing i have heard all day.

Miko Ryukudo

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarzw View Post
Still downvoting you scumbag
This....this is why we can't have nice things in the community.

I can't even wrap my mind around the ignorance in this post.

Community : "Rengar is weak, all Scruffy fault. Lets get the pitchforks and burn down his house for ruining our champion!"

Scruffy: "Seems the data I collected agree's with the popular opinion. Rengar is a little weak early, so lets try and fix that next patch on live "

Community : " STILL HATE YOU FOR MAKING HIM SO WEAK"

Inquizelus

04-07-2014

Rengar: (Blue team, just killed red) Alright, just hit level 6, coming top... *Ults on top side of mid*

Nasus: Oh, ****. Rengar is coming to gank...

(Rengar get to top lane and enemy Evelyn and Ahri are there for a counter gank)

The End

EDIT: Lolwut. Crap is censored?

Wero34

04-07-2014

Quote:
Finally, hope Rengar fit in a high level gameplay, i want him be played on lcs

TP Epyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2014

I can't do anything in lane anymore honestly. The only time I ever win a trade is when I can get an empowered Q plus the rest of my combo, which is okay I guess but I get out-traded by someone like Jax for doing an empowered leap, which does more burst than my combo and requires no setup whatsoever. Not having the attack speed on Q makes it hard to trade in lane and the heal doesn't sustain you enough. This would be okay for his power curve is really high but its just a huge risk for mediocre reward when you have champions like Jax and Riven who have basically free wins in lane but also scale better into late game and have more relevance throughout mid game.

The glaring issues I'm having right now are 2 mainly. The bola has a long cast time and moves extremely slowly. Its very easy to miss and waste all your ferocity which completely screws you over. Maybe increase the missile speed or how about you only lose the ferocity if it hits something?

The other major problem I'm having is that I basically can not get fed in my lane without serious help from the jungler or if I get a very favorable matchup, which is fine, but not likely seeing as Shyvana, Riven, Jax, Trundle, Nasus and Shen all beat him in lane and those are the popular tops atm. So I resort to roaming with my ult to get kills, which is fine, but if I leave and the top is allowed to free farm, even if I DO get a kill mid I more than likely do not actually benefit more than the top I left free farming.

The problem is basically limitations from his passive. Rengar can ONLY lane top because he needs the bushes to make a lot of things happen. That isn't necessarily the problem in and of itself, but imagine if you sent Talon to fight Shyvana. He would get his head ripped off. Its essentially the same issue. Rengar fills the same role an assassin mid would, but he has to fight tanks instead of squishy mages he can actually fight. The only idea I have at the moment to fix this is to allow him to build up his jump by remaining hidden in a bush for a few seconds and then he can jump from anywhere, as long as he was unseen in a bush for a while. The other idea is that his empowered Q gives him a small leap, something like half the distance of the normal leap. I'm welcome to any other ideas to fix this.