Lulu Classic Skin Cosplay

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot ithecello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Video Editor

04-07-2014
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Aww...what an adorable Lulu! Loving it!

ChroniclerC

04-07-2014

Very nice. How did you make the staff?

Demyze Helix

04-11-2014

if u want, its a big IF. Would love to have a Q&A about your art.

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

Follow RiotPenguin on Twitter

04-13-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Amazing! One of the best Lulu's I've seen!

Labcown

04-13-2014

This is amazing! I love the detail on the staff especially, Great Job OP!

Aezuriel

04-14-2014

On the Topic of Pix... a quick offering:

Wings
4 wire Shirt-Hangers (the lighter the better)
4 Legs off Panty hose (experiment for density)
Twist Ties

Stretch out the wire hangers to the desired shapes. If you are the extra-creative type, use metalsnips to remove excess, BUT make sure to leave a long end protruding where the wing will attach to the body. Stretch Panty hose over the wire wing and pull as tight over the frame as necessary for it to be form fitting. Tie (twist-tie) of the hose tightly at the protruding end. Hose excess may be removed/discarded, or may be retained depending on the method you use to create the body.

I highly recommend painting/coloring your wings and letting them dry, BEFORE connecting to the body. Spraypaint / Airbrushing works well, but so can magic markers for detail.. color density relies a lot on the Pantyhose you use.

Body
You can use a number of different materials/methods here, but I will just go with a simple one for quick gratification projects

Poly-Foam stripping/scrap
Packaging/Masking/Shaping tape

Bring your 4 wings together in their basic shape, bend and arrange the protruding wires so that they will meet together and be inserted into the body. You many want to secure the protruding ends with a layer of tape or twist ties... but I leave that to your crafting bias. Wrap the Hanger-ends in foam strips (lengthwise) cut to desired lengths/shape and bind tightly with tape. Mold, shape, and paint as desired.

karesuna

Associate Project Manager

04-15-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Great job! I love the detail.

Foxfire Ghost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2014

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback everyone! It definitely helps and makes me want to improve when people enjoy it! Always a little scary posting on official forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likal View Post
Very nice. How did you make the staff?
I used wooden dowel, cardboard, and expanding foam, which was then carved and painted. Pretty easy for a wood look, but for something smoother a layer of paper mache on top is good for getting rid of all the little bubble holes that the foam has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demyze Helix View Post
if u want, its a big IF. Would love to have a Q&A about your art.
That could be fun, although I'm pretty terrible at articulating stuff on the fly, ehehehe... Would have to be after this month though, there's a Con in town and I'm spending all my time redoing my Lux armour, there hasn't even been time for League matches! D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezuriel View Post
On the Topic of Pix... a quick offering:
Oh wow, thanks for the tips! I made a little Pix body but no wings yet, got a little distracted with other stuff. So much to work on!

TimeSadness

04-16-2014

what a lovely lulu ^_^