Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2014

I'll accept this rework if you promise the next champ that comes out will have Juggernauts ult.

I think it's really dumb the main reason you are changing Fiora's ult is because "LOL ITS NOT A FENCER."

My god.

Norr1N

04-06-2014

I like the sound of what's being done. As is, Fiora has always just been an all-in snowbally high DPS champion with a pretty face, relying overly on her ult. I hope the dancing duelist aspect shines through more in the new iteration.

Just to throw out some ideas, I like the thought of Fiora jumping in and out of combat. She could be a high-risk, high-reward skill-based champion reliant on co-ordination and timing. Not easy mode like Jax's dodge, but with shorter spammable spells which punish with long cooldowns if you mess up (e.g. like Sivir/Noc spellshields, not Yasuo's Q where it's no big deal if you miss it).

For example, below i've removed her invulnerability (and on-demand attack speed steroid) entirely, but buffed her mobility/Parry to work on spells so consideration and skill is required moreso to evade counterattacks (and even then, based on positioning, she might not be able to dodge as many as her live ult allows) whilst putting more power into shorter cooldowns (but still long enough for ult difference to be noticable) for rotating skills/combos without her live steroid. New ult fitted in but transferred power from bonus armor pen to a new passive -

Passive - Damaging an enemy unit with a spell (Q, possibly W) reveals a weakpoint and marks them for 4 seconds. The next autoattack consumes the mark to deal 6% of their missing HP as bonus damage (max 100 vs monsters)

Q - Lunges quickly through an enemy unit, travelling further if the target is close, whilst applying on-hit effects to the target. If the target dies to this attack, cooldown is refreshed

W - Deflect next basic attack/spell from a champion/large monster, returning % of dmg that would've been dealt as magic dmg. If target is nearby, they are also stunned for 1 second. Cooldown is doubled if missed (1.5 second window, does not work on champion AOE or turret shot dmg)

E - Sidesteps a short distance instantly in direction of cursor (akin to Riven's third hop or shield dash/Vayne's tumble), leaving an afterimage in her wake which provides vision of the area for 2 seconds

R - For the next 9 seconds, all basic ability cooldowns are reduced to 0.75 seconds and cost no mana

~

Thoughts? Primary damage relegated to her passive + Q, along with W and E for rewarding outplay potential via effective timing and positioning respectively.

Possible scenarios/combos for consideration:

#1. Deflect (W) an attack triggering stun, lunge (Q) in, sidestep (E) out
#2. Sidestep (E) a skillshot, lunge (Q) in, retreat with deflect (W) in reserve
#3. Lunge (Q) through a nearby minion with low HP, use reset Q and reduced gap to enemy target to engage
#4. Ult (R), deflect (W)/sidestep (E) attacks, whilst Q'ing in.. rotate skills as necessary during duel

Note: No invulnerability to save you if you mess up on timing, positioning, decision making, etc. Recklessly dueling an opponent should have consequences. However, the tools for mechanical outplay are provided above.

HoweYouDrewin

04-06-2014

THOUGHTS ON R:
2.5s AOE root AND reveal AND massive CDR AND no mana costs even thought that passive would give you massive mana regen with just a iceborn gauntlet which you would probably build because your Q procs it?
PLUS,
if your ult does no damage then you can easily tower dive without taking turret or minion aggro, so making it do 1 true damage would be better in this case. Besides, this is just what Guinsoo said, with an AOE root/reveal.
TL;DR:No.

atz9999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2014

I'm not someone who plays Fiora consistently but I want to say some of the things you have mentioned make this rework sound infinitely more enjoyable to play against and as then her current form. Currently I don't find her fun to play or against so this is pretty big for me personally.

I hope the people who are worried/dislike the mentioned changes end up liking her when these changes are done but I want them to know that playing against Fiora is extremely boring in its current form. She is very binary and there is very little either side can do to turn a losing situation into a winning one and it sounds like this rework will change that so hopefully it will make it more fun for both sides.

Drakonitus

04-06-2014

Guinsoo, the fighters that you have created, Tryndamere and Kayle, both have a incredible late game power, probably they're like a top 5 champions when the topic is "late game power".

Is Fiora going to have a powerful late game, or she will be more stronger at early - mid game? What do you think that is better for Fiora?

Guinsoo

Game Designer

04-06-2014
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velqor View Post
@Guinsoo

First of all welcome back. Second, I love the new idea for the ultimate. I think it is a brilliant change to making her feel more thematically relevant and interesting as well as adding a lot more gameplay. A few things I think everyone is super unclear about right now is the passive which I think would work great having something like what Ashe has with critical striking. Also is there any way we could get rid of the AP ratios on her kit and replace those with ad? I feel like riposte/parrying would have nothing magical about them.
Yeah to be honest I'm not super stoked with where the (new) passive is at, it's a fairly generic steroid that we plan to replace with something more relevant once we get a good grasp for exactly how her gameplay flows. I have several ideas for different ones I'd like to try out to encourage various target selection/gameplay choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonitus View Post
Guinsoo, the fighters that you have created, Tryndamere and Kayle, both have a incredible late game power, probably they're like a top 5 champions when the topic is "late game power".

Is Fiora going to have a powerful late game, or she will be more stronger at early - mid game? What do you think that is better for Fiora?
That's a good question that I think as a design team we haven't fully solved - what exactly should a melee ADC's power curve look like with respect to time? I think we did make strides with the new Yi and Yasuo. I guess in an ideal world I'd like her to be fairly well rounded, maybe shading slightly weak in the early going and leaning slightly strong in the late game. But at the end of the day I want her to be about her abilities and how well she used them. But this is a very complicated question whose answer will likely change or become more defined over time, as we discover what exactly she's capable of, what feels good, what exactly we want to emphasize about the actual mechanical skills themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
Just in regards to managing expectations, since you have become really active suddenly, will this rework be a really long way off? I know I personally am looking forward to it, so here's hoping for a soon rather than soon(tm) release.
I'm not clear about the timeline at all, so I can't even give you a vague "soon™" or "not soon™". I have a meeting about it tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to share too many details. At this point I don't even know if she's planned to be tied to an art rework, new VO, or anything like that.

After I combed through 50 pages looking for all my posts, I found the "next Riot post" feature. Lol.

ResoluteContrast

04-06-2014

I'm honestly very excited for this rework, but please, please, please don't replace her ult. I think that is what makes Fiora, Fiora. A fencer dancing around her enemies finding their weak points.

Albert Spangler

04-06-2014

Man, I've been hoping for a Fiora rework for years now. I can hardly believe it's happening.

I'm wriggly with excitement!

HoweYouDrewin

04-06-2014

Just a question, would this kind of stuff go on the PBE? I'm not sure how the system works, my application hasn't gotten accepted

OG JASON

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
"So, at risk of building hype... ;p

GUINSOO is working on a Fiora overhaul as a "light fighter." We're still in very early prototying, but we agree Fiora is one of the worst characters upon delivering on her fantasy - a skilled, deft fencer.

I think much of her kit will change, but for the better." - Morello

http://community.na.leagueoflegends....-fiora-purpose
shes fine leAVE MY FREELO ALONE