Cho'gath remodel Preview

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatal Revelation

04-05-2014

an idea for the vorpal spikes maybe they don't shoot out maybe they arc off void energys that arc off infinitely too all in front of him, anyway to portray that?

the problem with Cho'Gath is that he is a huge monster that is also intelligent but Riot did not show that very well and he only comes out as brutish(like all tanks) and also the fact that Cho'Gath does not have one quote that portrays his intelligence even to other champions.
I have a lot of ideas with Cho'Gath's personality the sense of being better and the puny humans he fights calling himself the "King of the Void" as he does what he does best Feast, Grow, Dominate

maybe you can incorporate a large ornate head peace or make him less hunchback notre dame and more humanlike in appearance or more Hollow (bleach)
other than that it would be very hard to portray intelligence in Cho'Gath it would require some further thought.

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

Follow RiotPenguin on Twitter

04-06-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is awesome! I love the face

Drakonitus

04-06-2014

Riot hire this guy please

Borand

04-06-2014

This is some very nice concept/artwork.

Boohya

04-06-2014

oh, oh ****. I got a riot post. a CONCEPT artist riot post. well then. all i have to say is thanks.

~SQUEEE!!!

HigeR

04-06-2014

He looks great! and I agree! NO TUSKS!

Though, bigger carnivore teeth are in order :P perhaps some differentiation like bigger fangs than the rest but the rest still fang-like and pointy.

Love how terrifying he looks too instead of 100% cartoony.

His stance could be lowered a little bit since he's pretty heavy and maintaining such a weight would be hard if legs are extended too high. Also his tail posture shouldn't be straight, tails are supposed to balance the body weight, hence "pulling" down the body to shift center of gravity, as it is right now all his body weight is focused towards his front and he could fall down easily by just walking :P of course it's just fantasy but you know, the more accurate the better!

It is an awesome work nevertheless! keep it up!

immortalibra

04-06-2014

The face is good

Boohya

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigeR View Post
His stance could be lowered a little bit since he's pretty heavy and maintaining such a weight would be hard if legs are extended too high. Also his tail posture shouldn't be straight, tails are supposed to balance the body weight, hence "pulling" down the body to shift center of gravity, as it is right now all his body weight is focused towards his front and he could fall down easily by just walking :P of course it's just fantasy but you know, the more accurate the better!
Thank you! the reason he is standing in that pose is because his model has not been rigged. so that is just his default position. in reality he will probably stand lower and the tail will be doing things.

Also! i have updated the model/ just the head though. as requested by every1 the teeth are more and many. also,he has a tongue. so now he can actually talk~

*Edit i never realized how much he looked like a lobster till i added colors to him and looked at him form the top. yeesh
Name:  Chogath remodel2.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  115.0 KB

peter1991

04-06-2014

Damn, that's one evil, intelligent and sexy face. Would love to see how it looked with the textures, but regardless, this should definitely be the route Riot should be heading with Cho. Heck, maybe even implementing all new textures, hopefully MOTIVATING Riot by demonstrating how a fan who doesn't work there can provide a model of a champion that is much better than the current version, a version that has been kept fairly the same since the start of the game.

Sinspurch

04-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPenguin View Post
This is awesome! I love the face
whats funny is that even though it looks completely amazing, Riot wont probably work on Chos remodel for years. In one ear and out the other.

123456 ... 12