Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narasimha

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAndSilver View Post
Fiora is a "duelist" not a "fencer". Fencers don't kill people with swords. Stop comparing Fiora to a fencer. You don't just create a champ and years later completely scrap her and make her different. That's terrible design.
There have traditionally three types of duelists in history and fantasy.
1. Dueling through swords.
2. Dueling through guns
3. Dueling through magic
Since I'm 99% sure Fiora only uses swords, I'll throw her in that category. Second fun fact, duelists who typically use swords are referred to as FENCERS.

Sincere Beauty

04-05-2014

Please please do not completely rework her. Just add a few things and change up her passive. This is a sad day to see Fiora will be ruined. I've been playing her since day one. She doesn't need to be completely reworked to make her not "boring". And don't tell me she won't be ruined. I've seen the past reworks and you guys literally let people main these champions then completely erase their existence and put in new skills with the same face. Seems like Riot aims at pleasing their new customers now.

How can you even say she is boring and make that a reason to 100% change all of her skills. I find Zed boring as hell, but look at me...I'm not sitting here complaining about him. Just consider Riot reworking your main champion...would suck, right? So lets fix her but not completely destroy everything she is. It's not fair nor right to those who enjoy playing Fiora.

lessuknow

04-05-2014

@Guinsoo I don't know if you'll see this, but I have a simple request: Make Fiora's ult like Riven's, where she gets buffed but also has the ability to use it.

When you look at Fiora, her most notable feature is her ult. It's the only thing I knew of hers until I actually played her, like with Garen's spin or Mundo's cleavers. It's essential to her identity. Its also understandable that as it is right now, it's slightly overwhelming. I think that it could be tuned to become an execute, with more damage the lower the target's health is, or have it just do less damage to targets that aren't the original one. Fiora's ult has amazing utility, and to be quite honest, is one of the most amazing parts of the champion currently.

And to be honest, as scared as I am of change like most narrow-minded people, I trust you. You have a good reputation, and Rageblade's a pretty cool and unique item.

KilljoyX

04-05-2014

I've got two issues with the new ult.
1) I like her current ult.
2) Anyone with ping over 50 cannot play her at a high level with this new ult.

I love the concept I really do but I feel like another champ could use it. Fiora getting a different ultimate just makes me sad because it's what I like the most about her.

BlackAndSilver

04-05-2014

LEAVE FIORA ALONE

Fix/tune her kit such as her terrible passive or "boring" W. Otherwise LEAVE HER ALONE. NOBODY WANTS IT BESIDES PEOPLE THAT DON'T EVEN PLAY HER

SilverStorm

04-05-2014

First, I'd like to say I'm SO excited about these ideas for Fiora. From the sound of it she's headed in a great direction, and sounds really fun to play and make in-game decisions with. Can't wait. ^_^

On her ult, while the current one is iconic and OP for sure, I really like the sound of the new one. It sounds more fast paced, and I like that the player can control what's going on during it rather than it just..."happening." Probably just personal preference, but I love champs with high mobility and high damage. It makes me feel impactful, and like I'm the one making plays because I have so many options, rather than, a thought process like, "Oh, my ult will finish her, press R and she's done." So with all the options the new ult gives you, I think it'll be one of the more fun things in LoL.

Script Smith

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be dealing high, steady DPS over time that is relatively target agnostic.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but rest assured, there are significant tweaks (or more) to all 4 of the other abilities, so hopefully your imaginations run wild

I honestly don't understand why they let horrible rework Rioters like Scruffy ruin champions when they have you there to actually do a proper rework.

Hitokiri Hokosai

04-05-2014

Hey, Guinsoo, I have a question, when do you think this will be rolling out? ( all I'm asking is like a hella rough estimate), Also, will we see a VU coming for her, or just tweaked ability animations like gragas? and finally, will all her skins be on sale, including the unavailable one when she gets relaunched, like heimerdinger? Pls and thanks.

P.S. Ty for reworking the first champion i got, and my favorite champion in league! I luv u.

Corpse Princess

04-05-2014

Well, I'm never playing Fiora again. Her new ultimate is trash. Why even still call it Blade Waltz? Fiora was unique BECAUSE of the old Blade Waltz where she just goes invulnerable and hack-slashes everyone in a beautiful manner. Fiora is balanced and FINE. Stop this.

BlackAndSilver

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren Princess View Post
Well, I'm never playing Fiora again. Her new ultimate is trash. Why even still call it Blade Waltz? Fiora was unique BECAUSE of the old Blade Waltz where she just goes invulnerable and hack-slashes everyone in a beautiful manner. Fiora is balanced and FINE. Stop this.
^This right here. LEAVE FIORA ALONE

You can't ****ing create a champion with a theme and kit and then years later decide that's not what you wanted. That's BULL****. That's what you create new champions for.

Fiora is fine the way she is and she represents her theme fine. LEAVE. FIORA. ALONE.