Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackAndSilver

04-05-2014

LEAVE FIORA ALONE!!!!!!! DONT TOUCH HER!!!!! LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY FOR ONCE!!!!!!!

PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR FEEDBACK FROM SKARNER, RENGAR, GRAGAS, ETC. LEAVE FIORA ALONE!!!!

Fix/tune her existing kit as it is. DO NOT **** UP FIORA!!!!!!!! Fiora's current kit is plenty "fencer" enough as it is, not that anyone gives a **** about that besides the losers that NEVER play Fiora at all.

It's not fair the decision of many people's favorite champ is based off a bunch of idiots who never even play Fiora. LEAVE FIORA THE WAY SHE IS

Narasimha

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitshift View Post
I know there are very few summoners like me out there that main Fiora. Some people really enjoy playing a champion, not because it's broken or overpowered, but simply because they play style fits them. For example Azingy playing Karthus or Nikkone playing Fiddle. How would you feel if Riot decided to change the one champion that you enjoyed playing? I'm guessing a lot of you would feel like all the time invested into that champion, learning every quirk, attack animation/timings, cooldowns you don't even have to look at because they are second nature to you, is now wasted because they are completely changing everything about it. Only Rengar quit playing after the Rengar changes, and who knows who else has left this game from these champion reworks like Skarner, Gragas, and Xerath.

A lot of you may not care because you don't play Fiora that much and think it would be cool to see her changed. You may not even have a champion that you play in 90% of your games. But those of you that DO have that one champion that you love. Ask yourself how you would feel if everything about it was suddenly changed. Would you even want to continue playing league?

I for one really hope that you do not go through with these changes Guinsoo. I know there are some Fiora mains out there that feel the same.
Alright, lets put int perspective. WHY do Fiora mains like her? ITs not because she's a 'fencer', so we can rule that out. Is it because of her snowball potential? The plays to be made with her ult? What?

BlackAndSilver

04-05-2014

Such a ****ing coincidence that all this is happening RIGHT after that teemoxnidalee Bronze idiot spammed the forums on multiple accounts begging for nerfs on Fiora.

Are you guys really this stupid? Just because that terrible Bronze moron spammed the forums for weeks straight on multiple accounts?

Listen to the community for ONCE about a rework. PLEASE.

Narasimha

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAndSilver View Post
Such a ****ing coincidence that all this is happening RIGHT after that teemoxnidalee Bronze idiot spammed the forums on multiple accounts begging for nerfs on Fiora.

Are you guys really this stupid? Just because that terrible Bronze moron spammed the forums for weeks straight on multiple accounts?

Listen to the community for ONCE about a rework. PLEASE.
Wasn't that a month ago...?
And wasn't the general consensus that she was balanced?

BlackAndSilver

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
Wasn't that a month ago...?
And wasn't the general consensus that she was balanced?
No that's been happening this past month. Not a month ago.

Narasimha

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAndSilver View Post
No that was this past month. Not a month ago.
Apologies, keeping sense of time was never my strong suit.

Still. No one is saying she's overpowered (not rational people, anyway).
It just boils down to an identity crisis.
It would be like if Talon was released as a bruiser, or Darius popped up as an assassin.

OvernightSiren

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be dealing high, steady DPS over time that is relatively target agnostic.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but rest assured, there are significant tweaks (or more) to all 4 of the other abilities, so hopefully your imaginations run wild
Why would a DUELIST be a jungler? Is she dueling the wolves? And what "honor" is there in jumping from the bushes and attacking an unknowing target? That's not a "duel". >_> I think thematically, moving Fiora out of top lane totally changes the entire "duelist" aspect.

Also that new ultimate is really boring. Basically "URF Mode Activated". Yay, a steroid ult. Yawn.

Gixia

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
Apologies, keeping sense of time was never my strong suit.

Still. No one is saying she's overpowered (not rational people, anyway).
It just boils down to an identity crisis.
It would be like if Talon was released as a bruiser, or Darius popped up as an assassin.
It also has to do with the fact that she's, as Guinsoo put it, a 'ball of stats' (between her AS steroid E and passive AD on Riposte, this is undeniably true), and Riot has publicly stated in the past that one of their goals for cleaning up top lane is to get rid of all the 'ball of stats' fighters. So already, by default this means Fiora needs to have her kit changed to take that into account, and if they're looking at some significant changes anyways (because a LOT of her power comes from those built in stats), then they figure they might as well try to make her better match her theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post
Why would a DUELIST be a jungler? Is she dueling the wolves? And what "honor" is there in jumping from the bushes and attacking an unknowing target? That's not a "duel". >_> I think thematically, moving Fiora out of top lane totally changes the entire "duelist" aspect.

Also that new ultimate is really boring. Basically "URF Mode Activated". Yay, a steroid ult. Yawn.
Despite what Guinsoo says, I think I'd actually be surprised if Fiora ends up as a jungler, not unless her kit ends up being wildly different from what that ult tooltip leads me to predict. I remember when Fiora was first released, she was pitched as being able to jungle back then too, but her incredibly weak ganks and only average clear speed meant this didn't work out too well. I don't envision her ganks really getting better unless lunge suddenly becomes a skillshot, because I suspect she's still not gonna have any CC.

That said, her best lane has been mid for a while, she's already been getting pushed out of top.

And have you TRIED URF mode? >.> It's pretty fun. And I don't see why you won't be able to imitate her old Blade Waltz with this new one. From the looks of things, Riposte counters spells now, not just auto-attacks. With a 0.75 second CD, assuming you're 1v1ing (like in a duel), you might as well be untargetable while lunging, disengaging, lunging again, over and over until their dead. Sounds like the Blade Waltz we have now, but with more buttons.

Grabnork

04-05-2014

Leave Fiora's kit the way it is now. If you want to rework anyone, rework Yorick or Urgot or something. Or read the massive thread on good Fiora rework ideas somewhere on this forum. Don't make her into a bruiser, don't "Kassadin" her, don't rework her ult, just give her the fixes or slight changes that she needs.

Her W is pretty lackluster, if you want to change anything you should look at why it's universally considered a skill to get at level 1 and never level again. Long cooldown skill entirely based on what the enemy is doing instead of what Fiora wants to do that also requires activation instead of being passive. Why is it less useful and costs mana when compared to Pantheon and (one of) Yasuo's passives?

Sure +15 AD at early levels is fantastic but when you look at Zed's AD % passive, Yasuo's double crit, it's basically nothing. Consider making it a passive block or adding cc to successful parries.

Her passive is pretty much useless in every situation I can think of except when you are laning against someone who can't fight you. I think it was intended for people to E-Q-auto-auto-Q to minion and then regenrate, but why would I do that when she has to use both Qs to land both autos in any case and the regen is a joke anyway? It should be % hp regen over time (like Garen) or completely scrapped.

Her other spells are fine, she doesn't need anything else.

BlackAndSilver

04-05-2014

All these fencer fantasy ****** bags in here downvoting everyone who actually plays Fiora. This is disgusting. They're gunna completely scrap her and change her into an entirely different champion, another stupid ****ing bruiser remake. **** this ****.