Skarner Rework Follow Through

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byakuren Hijiri

04-04-2014

(Also posted in the Xelnath thread)

Been a week since Scruffy or Xel has made a sound in either thread. Probably gonna get buried in posts but you know, if you're here to follow up about something having humongous gaps in the time that you talk to people is totally unacceptable. A total of little over 50 posts, some of them completely irrelevant to how things are going as a response for over 4000 posts is more than a little ridiculous. I mean riot has almost the amount of replies in the rengar thread that's only 200 pages long that we have in these two threads combined at over 400 pages. I'm tired of catering to riot just because they apparently don't care. Apply this to a real world goods and services company. If they came and completely changed one of their items to exactly what the customers didn't want despite voicing their displeasure with it and asking for it not to happen, then almost completely ignoring it and their customers while giving them yet more changes that the people do not want, they would be completely run out of business.

Shahamut

04-04-2014

bumpers

encyclopedea

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuren Hijiri View Post
Been a week since Scruffy or Xel has made a sound in either thread.

I get that they might have been busy with the flurry of events/changes this week, but seriously, all they had to do was say "Hey, we're gonna be a bit swamped this week, so we'll pick up in another week or 2." Telling us you're going to be gone for a bit is good, it stops people from feeling like the Rioter in person just abandoned them. Putting a time frame on it (even if it is only tentative) is even better, because people know that he/she/it didn't just abandon us with a hasty excuse, but will be back for sure.

MajorPain9

04-05-2014

Bump because being swept under the rug freaking sucks. That 1% pick rate.

Velkoz Reloaded

04-05-2014

One of the most recent threads I've seen suggested making Skarner's W or E a burrow ability.

While I understand Riot said they won't do this, what would you think of Skarner's W (or E- pick one) being a burrow ability where Skarner goes underground and can move "stealthed" for a short amount of time. While burrowed, he can move under walls but while he moves, a digging animation is seen above his location. He's immune to all CC but knock ups?

What would you think of/change for something like that?

While his current kit really depends on the shield, I think the mobility/predator/stealth side would be a cool addition. Maybe he bursts for from the earth gaining a 20% movement speed boost and a shield for 2-3 seconds.

Shahamut

04-05-2014

I personally am not a fan of the burrow... It just feels weird to me. Skarner doesn't need a way to pass through walls outside of taking the flash summoner spell. He doesn't need a way to stealth. One of the things I like about Skarner and his playstyle is that he is "up in your face" "going to get you even though you see me coming" kind of champion. He's always had that "dare you to run" feel for me, both with and without the permaslow.

My vote on the burrow ability is no thanks. :/

Awesomax

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
Bump because being swept under the rug freaking sucks. That 1% pick rate.
Snug as a bug in a rug!

...I miss my kind. ;__;

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Hey Scruffy, if you're still checking out this thread can you take a look at a burrow mechanic for Skarner's E? Was this ever looked at in testing?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...nd+king&page=9

Something like this. It seems much more thematic than his current E. I'm aware this would require significantly more work however.

MajorPain9

04-05-2014

It was hilarious how Pwyff said it would be a great conversation to have regarding Skarner in the Rengar thread, yet here we are with no red response for almost two weeks now....

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-05-2014
28 of 29 Riot Posts

We still have plans for Skarner, mostly in the realm of bringing excitement and a bit of the old identity that people liked about the old Skarner back.

We can keep a lot of the gameplay gains (versatility, windows of power/weakness) and add a bit more stickiness/cc control that people liked about the old kit. I've been in ongoing discussions about these changes with a lot of the team, and I should get down to implementing them sometime next week. When we have a more final changelist, I'll let you know what we intend to do.