Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canstainer

04-05-2014

He basically do damage from his Q, why remove it :S ?

SqualieBawse

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We have an ult change coming in the next patch that will not alert enemies if you wouldn't be visible to them outside of stealth. This is really big for when he is ganking or approaching his targets from a brush or near walls. It was pretty silly to alert the enemy when Rengar wouldn't have been visible out of stealth anyway, you guys were totally right on this one.

Also, the Q and Empowered Q attack animations are getting significantly sped up. This will fix a lot of the "my Q didn't go off" cases, and it's a non trivial buff in his dps output over time.

This isn't the end, but it's what I can say is coming with certainty right now.
wait then why even go stealth if i am in a bush they cant see me already

bossmann1313

04-05-2014

Make sure to look at the reds' responses. Many people are taking about the q being buggy, they understand that and are already changing it. You don't have to say it again. Focus more on his other aspects of his kit.

If you want to talk about his savagery talk about how it needs:
Increasing base damage and scaling on both normal and empowered Q
Adding attack speed to both the normal and empowered Q
Be able to proc damage or attack speed on towers
And give example numbers
Cooldown - 7.5/7/6.5/6/5.5
40/70/100/130/160 (+1.1 AD) (%20 attack speed for 3 seconds)
Empowered q same base damage with 2.1 AD Scaling (%20 attack speed for 3 seconds, stacks with normal q)

Storm System

04-05-2014

Quote:
The Q...
Scruffy, there really isn't much I can say to you or complain about to you that hasn't already been addressed. However, I would like to reiterate the fact that you took a perfectly good assassin and nerfed his damage so much that it is almost completely unviable to build him as an assassin any longer.

If the reason for this change was to add counter-play to Rengar, which people claimed there was none for the times when he had ult up, I ask you this: Why not remind players about pink wards and upgraded sweeper trinkets?

It's almost as if you are screaming at us, "People complained about not being able to see him coming, despite it only costing 100 gold, but instead of recommending that the players spend 100 gold to protect themselves, I just decided to nerf him harder than any champion has ever been nerfed before."

We want Rengar back. He was a champion that excelled at being an assassin. Now he is a champion that is a terrible assassin, and one that doesn't excel at anything else. The biggest impact he has in a team fight now is keeping full ferocity stacked to intimidate the other team from jumping on a carry. That's it.

I'm not exaggerating at all when I say this, but I legitimately feel as if you nerfed Rengar's damage by AT LEAST 40%. I have hundreds of games with Rengar, and I noticed this the first game I played after the rework. Afterwards, I went to watch NinFang's stream (and he is probably the best Rengar player on the planet). Know what he said about it? It was terrible, he was too weak to burst anyone, he excelled at nothing, and that he has never seen a rework this bad. And do you know what? Most of the playerbase that enjoyed playing Rengar agrees wholeheartedly with him. That should MEAN SOMETHING to you Scruffy.

If you say that you care about the community and the opinions of the players, then do this for us: Be COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT with your current and planned changes for Rengar, with the full reasonings behind each change, and why you think each change was deserved. If you do that, then you will certainly be able to get constructive and helpful feedback that will, in turn, allow you to change the champion to meet your needs without ruining him completely as a character anyone wants to play.

If you say you care, then just do that. Be transparent. It costs you literally nothing and isn't hard at all. Telling the players you care with empty words means nothing and tells us nothing and does nothing to help your credibility towards the claim. Show us.

I urge every player that was hurt by this Rengar rework to vow not to purchase any more RP from Riot until they fix our champion. I, for one, will not be purchasing RP until they fix him. If I can do without Rengar, I can do without skins.

samdxz

04-05-2014

how about you do something like yasuo and make the q cdr so low that it replaces autoattacks and change the numbers accordingly

budun

04-05-2014

Quote:
The Q from brush will be working better after our next set of changes as well. Also Q does currently and will still reset his auto attack.
Could you please look at this idea:

E - change to more reliable skill shot like olaf's axe, maybe even same mechanics when picking up of bola will lower cooldown time

Borand

04-05-2014

Hi!

I'm one of those Bruiser-Tank Rengar players, and while I like where he's shifted towards, I can't help but feel sad about how his tank build is all about him receiving damage, and putting some of his own out, but has no crowd control except for his E and EmpE.

Tried an assassin build too, felt better than it used to, but I once again found myself extremely squishy and ready to die most of the times.

TL;DR: Tank Rengar feels like a tank idd, but suffers a bit from low damage/low CC. Assassin Rengar feels better, but still suffers from the "go-in -> explode" pattern

Nureya

04-05-2014

CHANGE HIS WHOLE DAM ULT.... I like the whole gains ferocity after leaping. I find this very mechanically demanding and good but it lacks gap closer.

Max his ultimate like nocturne but instead of flying to the targets rengar gains 150% movement speed for 5 seconds. NO cloak. and rengar can leap. once he leaps he gains 1 ferocity per second for 5 seconds

NO ONE CAN escape 150% and its fast, COOL, matches theme, and people see it coming. but its too fast for them to prevent... ALMOST LIKE DESPAIR!!!!!! you see it but cant stop it.
Give the ultimate visual rengar has to everyone on map when he ults.... its frightening and powerful.

OR

Make his ultimate similar to khazix:

when initial "R" is pressed, he gains massive movement speed
Rengar can go invisible for 1-2 seconds
gains 1-2 ferocity during cloak.
2-3 triggers.

Something like that... HONESTLY, anyone who is arguing about preserving the whole old Rengar should man up and realize it cant be reverted. Riot is caught in between trying to keep old rengar and making him something new. Just give them STRONG FEED back for design so its actually building on to the idea.

alfavhunter

04-05-2014

what rengar needs

unseen predator to apply his AA correctly again (huge loss of trade potential in lane, needs fix)

Q damage to effect turrets but not generate ferocity (his push potential was heavily nerfed by Q not effecting turrets, base Q not giving real attack speed, and ferocity Q not effecting turrets either)

Q now gains 100% AS at all ranks for .5 seconds, AAing a non champion or structure increases the duration by .5 seconds up to 3 seconds (the initial Q cast on a monster will give it a 1 second duration because the duration starts when he strikes and he already hits the monster, so it will be possible to last 3 seconds when focusing minions / monsters with it, but the moment he stops he will lose the bonus due to how short it increases the duration) (this improves jungle clear times, which is currently weak, and fixes the animation speed on Q)

fQ should effect turrets, with Q not able to generate ferocity on turrets rengar will have to plan ahead or use a minion wave (or ult) to be able to do this vs a turret, and with Q not giving AS that lasts vs turrets he wont acquire a godly AS to drop turrets

W is generally fine but make its 50% bonus effect all monsters, not just big ones(improve jungle survival)

fW is absolutely horrible unless you are ap rengar, because life-steal quickly outweighs it with fQ AS bonus this effect needs to be changes, maybe make it be a life-steal granting ability (5+2/lvl%?) or a short aoe fear (.75 seconds +.05 / lvl?), CC is also a form of survival

E and fE needs to be +100 range, deal a little more damage, and reveal the target struck, its a considerably slow, block-able skill shot it should do a bit more, and its his only ranges attack

R, remove the (!) he no longer insta-gibs squishes unless he is SEVERELY ahead (ex. 20 kills by 20 min) so this is no longer needed, its pathetic that twitches normal Q is better at this point

fR new, available once rengar has R, does nto share CD with R

rengar can use all of his ferocity to instantly stealth for 0.5 +1/lvl (.9 seconds at lvl 6) second(s) and durring this time he can use unseen predator, if he jumps onto an enemy champion with this ability he gains 0/1/2 ferocity (this is based on R rank)

PrideCaller

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Assassin Rengar feels better
How can assassin Rengar feel better, when the enemies know you're coming, your only form of CC can be minion-blocked and your burst damage is laughable at best?