Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T1gerBl00d27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
You can't be ****ing serious. You don't even know how Fiora's ult works? Holy ****.
Each strike of her ultimate is channelled, meaning she can be knocked out of it by hard CC. Malphite can do that easily with his ultimate.

UndeadMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Fiora lover, kinda angry shes being reworked. Maybe riposte reflect on hit but not full rework. RIP Fiora.

Super Explosion

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredblaze01 View Post
just a little suggestion can you make fiora dash work on friendly ally? to take full advantage of a no cooldown also she lost her ultimate which is huge
She's just going to be a really different champion though. Still the same style/flavor, but much better at actually staying in the fight.

So like, she probably won't need the long untargetability--

She's just going to be flicking arrows out of the sky with tons of parries! (And presumably a brief invulnerability to other stuff.)

Thing is, she'll need to watch CC. Well, Guinsoo will. Because we really don't want her to have all this cool swordsdancing and then Taric or Janna casually ends her life.

It's been so many years of recommending timing-defense that I hope they do it well! From an ultra-fast-paced Fiora to the slower dogged initiator of my recommendation for Diana getting Moonfall invulnerability per enemy champions hit and other shield and crescent improvements.

Glass cannon melee requires a huge ability to survive in-kit.

Or they just build tanky items.

Super Explosion

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeDigest View Post
"So basically they want her to be another Yasuo."
Nope! They don't! Yasuo isn't a melee carry. He's an assassin, just like Fiora is now.

This is another reason I've been asking for Guinsoo back-- he perhaps realizes the core design elements required to make a Badass Swordsman functional.

Like, right now in League, Hunters own all the damage. They can just rapidly destroy before anyone gets into engagement range and if someone is on them they can disengage. So this requires melee to all be tanky or assassins.

But there is the path in-between: Timing-Based Defense. So for Yi and/or Eve in the past I recommended a 'phasing' ability-- short cooldown short duration, grants either high damage mitigation and CC immunity or untargetability. Potential unit passthrough, etc. Basically, the ability through skillful timing to avoid damage.

My recommendation for Fiora was a short distance low cooldown skillshot parry that Fiora could rapidly block strikes with if she aimed along their path. Potential duelist amplification of ever-reducing cooldown for amount of hits blocked-- so she's actually threatening 1v1 like a duelist.

So that's one thing I saw in the ult description that Guinsoo might want to change-- mobile parries should probably be worked in to have all the time.

you lovemee

04-05-2014

we need uniqueness in each and every champion's abilities. Scruffy literally took away 3 champion's uniqueness with his rework.

Albert Spangler

04-05-2014

Hello thread! I have (roughly) 200 hours played as Fiora, and I'm passionate about her rework! I'd like to contribute by listing my experiences with her, and what I'd like to see in Fiora 2.0!

I bought Fiora on release based on two factors: I love the concept of a skilled and savvy fencer, and I enjoy her very arrogant (and very French) character. She was pretty much a Must Buy for me on those ideas alone. However, the first of these was never realized. Aside from the various bugs related to her ultimate (which have since been ironed out), my biggest frustration with her is that I never feel clever, skilled or - well, like a DUELIST! The quip of The Grand Duelist being poor at dueling is pretty common in Fiora threads, but I can't dismiss it. That's only part of the issue, though: with simple stat buffs to her existing kit, she coulld duel pthers just fine. That doesn't solve the underlying issue, in my eyes: that she isn't fun to play, and that she doesn't match up to the description on the tin.

I'd love to see more of the following in a rework: mobility, in-combat decision making, and the ability to outsmart or outplay my target. Currently, the only decisions I can make with Fiora are when to dive into a fight and whether or not split puushing with a Hydra would do more for my team.

I'd gladly sacrifice burst damage, her fun but not terribly interesting ultimate, and split pushing ability to get closer to what I've wanted out of her for two years: being a cool, rapier-wielding, agile fencing badass.

Napalm Rabbit

04-05-2014

Guinsoo and CertainlyT should have a champion design showdown. Both should make their own champion and release them at the same time. See which the community likes more. They could make their lore something similar to the kha'zix vs rengar thing.

Raptoreyes

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Truth be told, 6 years of intense video game development got to me and I really needed to take some time to destress. I spent about a year traveling and relaxing and now I'm locked and loaded and ready to pump out some sweet content.
Its wonderful your in a job that allows you to "take a year off" for most people once they leave home for work or college that is the last time they will see a long vacation in their lives.

Albert Spangler

04-05-2014

I should also mention that Fiora's excellent VA is about half the reason I stuck with her this long! I'd also rather play a poor implementation of my favorite fantasy fighter archetype than none at all. But now that a rework is finally underway, I could not be happier or more ready to trade a glass cannon for a dynamic fighting machine.

fredblaze01

04-05-2014

This is all on paper i want to test the true thing on PBE (fiora main) and give a decision after can you show her whole kit?