Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Learn 2 Swim

04-05-2014

Quote:
He is still the guy that hunts the enemy squishies and can stalk around choosing his prey at will.
Other than his prey being notified when hes about to attack them.

hashinshin

04-05-2014

Actually no, Rengar does NOT scale well offensively.

If his E got bumped to a 1.0 ratio I might consider building offensive. Until then it's brutalizer + full tank.

SqualieBawse

04-05-2014

Just make his ult a global warning, like crazy jungle music or something and not based on his location

DrackNath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
To be clear about Rengar's role in a team, we wanted to leave this mostly unchanged. He is still the guy that hunts the enemy squishies and can stalk around choosing his prey at will. His damage is lowered some, but we still want him to be a strong damage threat.

He is unique from some of the other assassins like zed or khazix because he has much more versatility with his ferocity skills (CC, Damage, Heals, many options here). On the other hand, some other assassins have escapes, where he does not. Considering he doesn't have a reliable escape once he has engaged, we gave him some more tools like durability and speed so that once he is in, he has a means of contributing.

As far as items, we're not designing towards any "right" way to build Rengar. He scales well with both offensive and defensive items and that is something that is cool about him as a character.

Keep in mind, we're not going to leave Rengar out to dry if he has problems/needs changes. We already have a bunch of changes planned for the next patch like speeding up the Q attack animations significantly, and some ult warning changes that we have been talking about in this thread. We should have a bunch more data soon, which will help inform us if he needs more changes, and where.

I appreciate all of the feedback, and I know that change can be frustrating on a character that you know and love so well. Don't fear for Rengar, he's not going away anytime soon.
Then Tell use in clear details on what your going to do to Rengar? Because alot of us has the right to know.
If you truly are listening to the community and IS taking the time to read all the posts and fix Rengar
Tell us your plans and thoughts and Ideas for Rengar because i dont want to see buffs that are not even targeted in the right places, I wanna see a champ that can ACTUALLY! and when I say ACTUALLY! has a chance against those Tournament level Broken Toxic Rage inducing Champs who are by far are the more Toxic champs than Rengar

Stanleyyyyyy

04-05-2014

Quote:
To be clear about Rengar's role in a team, we wanted to leave this mostly unchanged. He is still the guy that hunts the enemy squishies and can stalk around choosing his prey at will. His damage is lowered some, but we still want him to be a strong damage threat.

He is unique from some of the other assassins like zed or khazix because he has much more versatility with his ferocity skills (CC, Damage, Heals, many options here). On the other hand, some other assassins have escapes, where he does not. Considering he doesn't have a reliable escape once he has engaged, we gave him some more tools like durability and speed so that once he is in, he has a means of contributing.

As far as items, we're not designing towards any "right" way to build Rengar. He scales well with both offensive and defensive items and that is something that is cool about him as a character.

Keep in mind, we're not going to leave Rengar out to dry if he has problems/needs changes. We already have a bunch of changes planned for the next patch like speeding up the Q attack animations significantly, and some ult warning changes that we have been talking about in this thread. We should have a bunch more data soon, which will help inform us if he needs more changes, and where.

I appreciate all of the feedback, and I know that change can be frustrating on a character that you know and love so well. Don't fear for Rengar, he's not going away anytime soon.
At least you reply... Anyway can you change his ult? Make the indicator different why is the range so large? Give ferocity as he is in ult. There is literally no point in gaining ferocity after the ult because it's useless. His q needs a damage buff or at least something because atm it is really lackluster.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-05-2014
16 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyyyyyy View Post
At least you reply... Anyway can you change his ult? Make the indicator different why is the range so large? Give ferocity as he is in ult. There is literally no point in gaining ferocity after the ult because it's useless. His q needs a damage buff or at least something because atm it is really lackluster.
We have an ult change coming in the next patch that will not alert enemies if you wouldn't be visible to them outside of stealth. This is really big for when he is ganking or approaching his targets from a brush or near walls. It was pretty silly to alert the enemy when Rengar wouldn't have been visible out of stealth anyway, you guys were totally right on this one.

Also, the Q and Empowered Q attack animations are getting significantly sped up. This will fix a lot of the "my Q didn't go off" cases, and it's a non trivial buff in his dps output over time.

This isn't the end, but it's what I can say is coming with certainty right now.

Moons

04-05-2014

Quote:

Thanks Scruffy

Any chance this patch will be a hotfix before 4.6?

Stanleyyyyyy

04-05-2014

Quote:
We have an ult change coming in the next patch that will not alert enemies if you wouldn't be visible to them outside of stealth. This is really big for when he is ganking or approaching his targets from a brush or near walls. It was pretty silly to alert the enemy when Rengar wouldn't have been visible out of stealth anyway, you guys were totally right on this one.

Also, the Q and Empowered Q attack animations are getting significantly sped up. This will fix a lot of the "my Q didn't go off" cases, and it's a non trivial buff in his dps output over time.

Yeah that will help his ult a little for sure. Is there any change to the gaining of ferocity during his ult? Also will his E get a little buff? Right now if you hit it which is rare doesn't really do much at all.

Awesomax

04-05-2014

The biggest change I am getting used to is that Rengar's Q no longer resets AA animation... Where he used to be great at dueling he now suffers.
My new guilty pleasure is Rengar mid lane to get to high levels early. He has safe harass and good wave clear from his e and w, and his MR bonus from w protects him from tanking too much damage.
I've also been seeing a lot more jungle Rengar now; his ganking is definitely better.

What would be really nice would be to reveal a champion if you hit them with the empowered snare.

hashinshin

04-05-2014

Quote:

Why even remove Q +Auto from brush?

So many champions can chain abilities and autos together, and now not rengar?

Anyone with a reset can AA + reset.

Trynd can AA + spin.

Anyone with an AoE (Darius, Zed, etc.) Can AA + AoE.

Riven can beat her face in the keyboard.

But Rengar isn't allowed to Q + auto?