Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
I play Talon and I play Viktor.

There isnt anyway Viktor can stop Talon from stabbing him.
I meant malphite VS fiora. Which you were comparing it to. Fiora can force a farm lane pretty easily. Then she gets her hydra and starts killing malphite. (the drawback to this lane being that malphite is almost guaranteed a kill if he ults while his jungler is ganking)

doubleguac

04-05-2014

Fiora is supposed to be a duelist, but she ends up working like a ad burst assassin. She's pretty good at bursting people, and relatively balanced in general, but she doesn't deliver on the fantasy.

So I understand why they are working on her. But I'm a little anxious about successful they will be. Melee auto attack carries are notoriously hard to balance.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
I meant malphite VS fiora. Which you were comparing it to. Fiora can force a farm lane pretty easily. Then she gets her hydra and starts killing malphite. (the drawback to this lane being that malphite is almost guaranteed a kill if he ults while his jungler is ganking)
you cant be serious.

fiora gets hydra.

meanwhile malp stacks armor.

fiora hits e. malphite hits e.

malphite wins.

fiora ults malphite, malphite ults on the spot and breaks her ult, before she gets the second hit off. you must have been playing sacks of potato. or youre making all this up.

Desynkronize

04-05-2014

Guinsoo, can we have Fiora make some use with the small blade she has in her splash :0?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

The new Q, so far as I can tell, sounds a bit like Yasuo's Steel Tempest, which always felt like an ability for a Rapier-wielder with the thrust.

As a Yi player, I'm interested in moving her a bit from Assassin to Melee DPS, though from my experience with Yi the two roles tend to overlap in play-style.

Dpat

04-05-2014

I'm really attached to Fiora because she reminds me of Juggernaut -- he was my favorite hero (of yours?) in Dota. Is there anyway we could see the Omnislash/Blade Waltz mechanic live on in her?

Cool to see one of the original MOBA developers is out and about.

Tobasco da Gama

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but rest assured, there are significant tweaks (or more) to all 4 of the other abilities, so hopefully your imaginations run wild
I think we can make some safe assumptions about the other skills, based on the Ult tooltip.

* Lunge: Probably not changing too much.
* Riposte: Could be a double-cast ability now? Riposte roots you, but you can cancel it to Thrust at the enemy? Maybe it's Rengarish, where your next AA turns into a leap. Probably the biggest mystery.
* Disengage: Active works like the second half of Quinn's vault. Passive part gives stacking movespeed (and AS?), like Burst of Speed's active does currently.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critmaster Garen View Post
you cant be serious.

fiora gets hydra.

meanwhile malp stacks armor.

fiora hits e. malphite hits e.

malphite wins.

fiora ults malphite, malphite ults on the spot and breaks her ult, before she gets the second hit off. you must have been playing sacks of potato. or youre making all this up.
You can't be ****ing serious. You don't even know how Fiora's ult works? Holy ****.

Super Explosion

04-05-2014

Quote:
Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.
Guinsoooooooo!

This is pretty beautiful-- you're giving her all the things I recommended for her so very long ago, the ability for squishy melees to outplay with massive timing-based defensive maneuvers!

Because normally Riot's squishy melee has had tons of offense abilities and like one long cooldown defense, so they end up exploding or playing as an assassin.

And it would be so much better if instead of that they had really low cooldown parries and jumps and damage reducers with very very low burst but high skill-reliant survivability.

Could potentially consider for Diana, too!

And then you're giving Fiora Feng Shui Engine as her ult!

Please Gunisoo revive squishy melee! Let Fiora even be able to duo lane and and maybe be the team's carry!

fredblaze01

04-05-2014

Quote:
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are.
just a little suggestion can you make fiora dash work on friendly ally? to take full advantage of a no cooldown also she lost her ultimate which is huge