Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jolan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Reminder of my long essay on Rengar's problems alongside some suggestions that could solve his issues.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...9#post46260009

ShadeCrenshaw

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccelerationZx View Post
How is Kha'Zix gutted...?
This is the problem, cuz most people associate those crying out about Rengar's butchering with those who say that the nerf to Kha's Q and E gutted him.

Can we please separate the potato's from the actual functioning human beings please?

Sir Clint

04-05-2014

I don't know. I didn't play Rengar much before but now I can say I wont play him ever. He just feels really "clunky" his skills don't seem to be as smooth as before and he just doesn't feel like he does damage. The ult as soon as activated, everyone runs away. Shouldn't he be hidden totally? since that is kind of his thing? The bonetooth and what made it worth having is now gone and its a trinket (why).... His W heal is now based on missing health which makes his sustain really hard to judge and inconsistent.

Thanks,

Sir Clint

OxBaker

04-05-2014

I'd suggest buffing the damage on his bola a bit. It really tickles for a long cooldown skillshot.

laughingjackal

04-05-2014

Right now i think Rengar is kinda OK. the movement speed is pretty awesome if you ask me and Bonetooth is really rewarding and fun. but Rengar really needs some QoL changes ASAP. his q does not always apply and sometimes you will do the animation and still do nothing. His audio is also off after the rework. Jumping out of bushes does not make a sound other than him roaring, but there is no q or even auto attack sound. it makes it really awkward. his w is also always the old w healing sound. this isn't as bad as his q audio but it is kinda off. it should be like his normal w before the rework. his q is kinda clunky and i feel like bola is a tad too slow. but otherwise he is in an OK spot for now. need to play him more and get more of a feel for his new style.

ShadeCrenshaw

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
I'd suggest buffing the damage on his bola a bit. It really tickles for a long cooldown skillshot.
How about we not relegate Rengars damage output to two steel balls ona string?
Much rather they un-stupify his Q.
And the ult alert.
Thats all I want.

OxBaker

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeCrenshaw View Post
How about we not relegate Rengars damage output to two steel balls ona string?
Much rather they un-stupify his Q.
And the ult alert.
Thats all I want.
I thought it was considered a compliment to have balls of steel...

ShadeCrenshaw

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
I thought it was considered a compliment to have balls of steel...
Not when you can pick em up and toss em.

SquirrelEnFeu

04-05-2014

@RiotScruffy

I really like the more bruiser oriented rengar. But there is some detail I dont like on this rework. Mainly because i feel like i have less option to choose. First, in the role and build order he should take. In an other hand, in the spell order who will be the best.

First, at some time u could build TANKgar, ASSASINgar or BruiserGar. Now i have the impression, there is only BruiserGar that will work fine.

Now, for the spell

Q- For the q i think it should work on tower. Without the AA speed buff on is q, rengar have already lost a lot of splitpushing power for destroying tower.

Empowered W- His healing fall off hard in late game, and i feel like if i want to Heal Asap to stay alive, the best way is to Empowered Q with Hydra. So the Empowered Q will be always the better answer in late game because of his scaling.

Empowered E- Is a slow skill shot like the one of Morgana, but when u fail it u pay to much the price or is not enough rewarding.

The biggest problem to me is the Coldown of W and E is to high light game, it would be awesome if we could have a scaling. the W could go to 13 sec to 9 instead of 12 and E could drop to 7 or 6. The reason is that i feel like I HAVE TO MAX Q for getting my stack faster in a fight, instead of choosing what path i want to use in lane.

Maxing Q for an aggressive lane

Maxing W for a tanky, passive lane

Maxing E for an harrasing or for a rengar behind.

I have played rengar as a Toplane and Jungle

PLEASE SCRUFFY BUFF W AND E

And sry for my english, this is not ma first language! :P

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-05-2014
15 of 21 Riot Posts

To be clear about Rengar's role in a team, we wanted to leave this mostly unchanged. He is still the guy that hunts the enemy squishies and can stalk around choosing his prey at will. His damage is lowered some, but we still want him to be a strong damage threat.

He is unique from some of the other assassins like zed or khazix because he has much more versatility with his ferocity skills (CC, Damage, Heals, many options here). On the other hand, some other assassins have escapes, where he does not. Considering he doesn't have a reliable escape once he has engaged, we gave him some more tools like durability and speed so that once he is in, he has a means of contributing.

As far as items, we're not designing towards any "right" way to build Rengar. He scales well with both offensive and defensive items and that is something that is cool about him as a character.

Keep in mind, we're not going to leave Rengar out to dry if he has problems/needs changes. We already have a bunch of changes planned for the next patch like speeding up the Q attack animations significantly, and some ult warning changes that we have been talking about in this thread. We should have a bunch more data soon, which will help inform us if he needs more changes, and where.

I appreciate all of the feedback, and I know that change can be frustrating on a character that you know and love so well. Don't fear for Rengar, he's not going away anytime soon.