Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KilljoyX

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
Final Fantasy is not something you should be trying to translate to league. Just play Final Fantasy if you want to Omnislash.
I dislike omnislash in FF. It just feels like another generic move in RPG's. In Moba's it feels like a suitably epic ultimate.

Ark Angel HFB

04-05-2014

Yeah I'm really attached to her current ult...

The things that to me are important to her feel are this...

Lunging forward to go really deep into an enemy team... sounds wrong but feel so good.

Timing the best attack to parry, seriously play verse Nasus... the mind games.

Laying into someone for three seconds then really wishing your attack speed and move speed where linked(which would be a neat concept for a champ.)

Watching people move away from you and wishing your Qs where a skill shot... it is kinda like trying to smite teemo... it doesn't work... but it should... and you will try to at some point.

Auto attack hitting really REALLY hard right from the start... feels so good.

But by far... the mostly iconic thing about her is the ult...

Flash Q > Q to the enemy adc > Ult > Auto > Hydra reset plus W > E, dead enemy adc/apc is one of the best feeling in this game... no other way to put it.

FinalFencer

04-05-2014

Pretty excited about this. I took fencing for 5 years and I despise Fiora as a fencer archetype. Welcome back Guinsoo! I'm sure we're all looking forward to that Sion rework you're doing secretly. Wink* Wink* nudge* nudge*

GarnetDust

04-05-2014

It looks like you all have a clear vision on where Fiora should go and I thank you for that.

All I ask is that 1)you fix her current passive, (the current Fiora has a passive?), fix her W and change her skill names to French fencing stuff.

Also, from her new ult preview, I'm assuming her new skill is called disengage? THat's cool but we need more French.

Thanks

Rockman

04-05-2014

I tried to make a fencing champion based around outplaying. Just wanted to put this here since I saw Blade Waltz had a disengage flip.

Ark Angel HFB

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetDust View Post
It looks like you all have a clear vision on where Fiora should go and I thank you for that.

All I ask is that 1)you fix her current passive, (the current Fiora has a passive?), fix her W and change her skill names to French fencing stuff.

Also, from her new ult preview, I'm assuming her new skill is called disengage? THat's cool but we need more French.

Thanks
Disengage is the proper fencing term... just like Riposte.

I was kind holding out for a "Coup de Grace" move where she stabs a low hp enemy with her dagger.

"Coup de Grace" means dagger of mercy and was basically the act of killing someone badly wounder with or without their consent.

The name comes from when you drew the dagger people most often begged for mercy...

It is such a cool thing and Fiora HAS a dagger... like she has one... she could total use it.

kdHuCoB8S3

04-05-2014

I thought guinsoo left.

I'm pleasantly surprised

T1gerBl00d27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
You just proved you've never played Fiora holy ****. Yasuo? Fiora takes a massive **** all over Yasuo. She IS a good duelist. Like I said, people are ****ing sheep and just parrot "Fiora sucks" all day every day until everyone is brainwashed into thinking she sucks.
If Fiora is a good duelist, I could probably make a better argument to explain how Zed and Talon are great duelists.

Assassinating =/= Dueling.

Drukyul

04-05-2014

One major thing I don't like about the idea of the new ult is how much more beneficial it is to players with low ping. I get that anything mechanically intensive is going to do that somewhat, but I don't think having an ultimate that's balanced at is core around giving West Coasters an advantage is a good idea.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
If Fiora is a good duelist, I could probably make a better argument to explain how Zed and Talon are great duelists.

Assassinating =/= Dueling.
Again, you OBVIOUSLY don't play Fiora. Try playing Zed or Talon or Yasuo against a decent Fiora and she will beat your face in unless your jungler camps the **** out of her.