Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

THE RAGEBEARD lS UNLEASHED

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
No **** it is, but a champ doesn't need an 80% win rate to be good.
no, what she needs is a reliable and consistent kit. something she doesnt have at the moment.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critmaster Garen View Post
no, what she needs is a reliable and consistent kit. something she doesnt have at the moment.
Every champion in the game doesn't need to be "reliable and consistent". The one thing that makes her risky is her complete lack of an escape, which is made up for by her high damage.

Critmaster Garen

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYiOrDieHard View Post
Every champion in the game doesn't need to be "reliable and consistent". The one thing that makes her risky is her complete lack of an escape, which is made up for by her high damage.
and yet her damage or duelling ability still isnt as strong as yi's or yasuos while shes less reliable.

Quagman

04-05-2014

Hahaha omg, GD did it again.

Crying about an underpowered champion to be overpowered to get her reworked/butchered.

/GG GD

Soooo, when's Wukong getting butchered and Veigar and all the other champs that had threads on GD?

Critmaster Garen

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagman View Post
Hahaha omg, GD did it again.

Crying about an underpowered champion to be overpowered to get her reworked/butchered.

/GG GD
this is not about her being op. its about her kit failing to deliver her theme.

from the sound of it, the rework will improve her in many ways, instead of nerfing her.

The Drippy Sink

04-05-2014

Just glad to see you back.

LiveYiOrDieHard

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critmaster Garen View Post
and yet her damage or duelling ability still isnt as strong as yi's or yasuos while shes less reliable.
You just proved you've never played Fiora holy ****. Yasuo? Fiora takes a massive **** all over Yasuo. She IS a good duelist. Like I said, people are ****ing sheep and just parrot "Fiora sucks" all day every day until everyone is brainwashed into thinking she sucks.

Graymeer

04-05-2014

Guinsoo, has there been any consideration or attempt to look into actual fencing manuals (historic or modern) in order to redefine or rename her abilities? I picked up Fiora early in season 3 because of the fencer theme (and because I fence)and definitely didn't get the right "feel" for her as fencer (and also because I suck in general as a player).

Fiora All Night

04-05-2014

@Guinsoo

Thank you so much for coming in here to talk to us about this

I understand the ult change is, of course, highly experimental but it has me worried. I've played Fiora since her first free week and scored my first ever penta kill with her (why I changed my account name to this). If you're still hanging around hopefully you can address a couple of my concerns here:

1. The new ult lets her spam no-cost virtually no-cooldown base spells up to 16 times over 9 seconds. I don't see how this wouldn't be OP unless she hit like a toddler when her ult was down...and if it's still on a 120 second cooldown that could be a very painful 120 seconds...

2. Without much to go on, I can see that her ult now does 0 damage (by itself at least), her E at least currently does 0 damage, and her W only does damage conditionally. This would make her Lunge her only real damage spell. I'm okay with her being auto-attack based - I'm play Crit build Fiora now anyway - but is there any plan to make sure Thornmail doesn't become "buy this to be immune to Fiora"?

3. Will Fiora keep her Attack Speed steroid, passive AD, or get any new steroids aside from the bonus armor pen on her new ult? Because having a window of massive attack speed is one of the things that feels awesome to me about Fiora. I think she'd probably be extremely bad if she was heavily auto-attack reliant for damage but didn't have any steroids to help her.

4. Can you share any thoughts on jungle Fiora? I've started playing her there and like it, but she's really mana-hungry since she needs her E to clear with anything resembling passable speed. It doesn't sound like she'll have much on the way of damaging spells to clear with so she might wind up being too painful early to take jungle.

Thanks again for giving us a heads up. Fiora is my favorite champ so I'm highly nervous right now, but I'll try and be cautiously optimistic