Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

04-04-2014
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo is Life View Post
screw you guinsoo for not replying to my post
You didn't ask any questions, you just listed a bunch of suggestions. I read your post and absorbed it (like all the others in this thread), I just don't think there's a ton of value in replying to specific suggestion posts.

Camped by Dad

04-04-2014

Wtf scruffy should be on it i want to see more trash coming

Dies to Wolves

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
A great question. I'm not going to directly answer it, but I'm going to pose a theoretical question.

If one assumes that Lunge is _kind of_ like Blade Waltz's jump around and hit things function, and that Riposte is _kind of_ like Blade Waltz's untargetability, is it hard to envision a scenario where you don't get the current functionality of Blade Waltz if you're allowed to rapidly cast your basic spells? But with options around when each individual jump and spell block comes from, as well as considering how many jumps to use vs spell blocks vs disengages, when, how many auto attacks to weave in, when to focus more DPS vs more survivability vs more mobility, etc.

The goal behind the current ult was to sometimes emulate the behavior of the old one, but make it more timing and decision based, add more options, and add more counterplay for the opponents. I feel like the new ultimate offers far more opportunities than the old one, if one assumes that R/Q emulates the feel of her live Blade Waltz.
guinsoo you're such a tease ^.^

that really is the first time I'm actually really looking forward for a rework, I'm really excited about it

good job

OmgKragnor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-04-2014

Quote:
foo
I am honestly really hyped about this, league needs a lot more mechanically intensive characters imo.

Foxy Goat

04-04-2014

So Guinsoo hasnt left Riot? YAY. Thank for for creating Karthus and Twisted Fate . Also, Invoker since most people give you the credit.

Tortferngatr

04-04-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8egkmEDWrmE

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RAISE YOUR SKITTLE CANNONS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

THE KARTHMAKER HAS RETURNED

SeraphisBey

04-04-2014

Mr. Guinsoo, Iīve been playing Fiora for 1 year and a half. And what you posted worries me a lot.

The only thing I dont like about Fiora is her passive but the rest of her kit is great. I donīt know why people want a disengage that much. If you practice enough you will come to know when to go in so as to not need "an escape". Iīm ok if you tune down her ultīs power to make the rest of her other skills a bit more strong, but I canīt look with fair eyes what you are currently planing for her R.

I know I have no voice of vote for this "rework", so I can only hope that you change your mind.

threlador

04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies to Wolves View Post
oh gods, I'm scared :<
Don't worry, it's not Riot Scruffy, we will be ok.

T1gerBl00d27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

I saw an ability called "Disengage". What is that Guinsoo?

Kr1sys

04-04-2014

Quote:
Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be poking them down over time.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but hopefully your imaginations run wild
Glad to see you are well Guinsoo. Could you maybe, comment on Shaco's rework since you are the original designer?