The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immortal Strife

04-04-2014

After playing a few games with him last night I can safely say he has potential to still be good, but his w has gotta be looked at-it's wonky, awkward, and counter intuitive.

moredorn

04-04-2014

hello as a plat 2 top lane main i like 2 know what i'm 2 do on cdr tank gragas top lane is the lane of trading before u had free ad and a dr that had 90% up time before u got cdr afer 100% u lvl w 1st the old e had a slow so all u had 2 do is e aa run a way then do it again if u look at old gragas he had a better early game dmg then renekton better passive then dr mundo and late game as tanky as shvyana

q had a good aoe aa slow on it
e had 2.5sec 35% slow + u got ibg so u had a slow of them for 60% of the time no one out run if u hit 1 e on them + the ad : on it

now gragas passive is over all better heal for the same late game but it make w fell vere bad

q fell a lot better i know how big aa slow r big so we lost the aa slow got more dmg on it and 50-75% slow using a q then ulting someone back on top of it fell so good u made this spell have a lot more play on it tyvm this spell is a lot better now then before

w how did this make 2 it live for top lane gragas to trad now u can try and do this combo 2 way e w or w e if u do w then e u have 20% that your w hit the champion and the dr fell bad for in lane if u cast it before u e it last 3 sec -1sec for e to hit -1 more sec for the stun = 1 sec on the dr playing this vs combo u back off 1-3sec and he has 2 use it 2 get a cs and not dmg u tyvm for fixing this in 4.6 but if u do q e w q thier have 1sec stun u or run a way jax rnekton and riven will stun u or jump a way shayana out run u and if mundo has ult u can not out run him

e over all nerf 2 this spell it's nice that we have more ways 2 stop some of the ults we need to but at what cost of getting the stun was it 2 much? we lost the ad : on it that was a lot of dmg we lost 0.7ad for +0.1 ap on the spell i know we have player that play ad gragas r u trying 2 tell us that we can not get ad on him it's no good and + bigger cd on it's not the cd more the cdr on it y -3sec and not -50% if u r try 2 nerf junlger gragas y not make it so it's -25% if u hit someone that not a champion and 50% for a champion

ult is the same

as it fell now likely he will be played mid if not junlger or support gragas support is like ann support if not better try it out befor 4.5 i played it 4 time and i was 4/0 but tank top gragas is not looking good

what can be done 2 make it better
one way 2 do it is make a new passive that make it so afer u cast a spell your next aa slam down the keg and it can do %dmg or +dmg,or aoe dmg or % of the %dmg as aoe u can put a cd on the passive
q will be the same e ad some ad : and better cdr if u hit someone
w now has the dr but know heal u as u drink it can give u mana but now does the spell fell like yi heal it will not look the same u can add something new 2 it

this kit has a better flow then what we have on live

way 2
passive is the same as live q is the same as live
e get a ad : on it cdr % not flat
w now has 0.5-0.75 cast on it make it so u can do trads in top lane

i pick up tank gragas 14day ago i fell in love in tank gragas and was doing ok on it then i try out a cdr tank gragas and won 9 game in a row 3 game as support 6 as top i snowball all 9 of them hard he was vere good at snowball he need a nerf 2 the dmg but this fell like 2 much i get how 2 play i log on and i play 5 game using gragas i lost top hard all 5 game off the w+e bug but as it is now i fell like i lost my lover i lost my karma she was a mage tank now she softer nuke mage that lost a lot of her team play plz fix my tank gragas it dose not have 2 be op the kit need 2 fell better pre late game afer u have lvl 13 and u have max cdr it fell a lot better then the 1st 10min of the game but not as good as it need 2 tyvm for reading this sorry for it being long u guy do a vere good job i know u try hard

Hoodimin

04-04-2014

tfw reds will never respond to this thread again

Charzin

04-04-2014

Yeah, I'd like to see a response to some more of this feedback (Solcrushed responded -around- my posts and I'm butthurt)

Ventose

04-04-2014

trash champ no damage no range no sustain stupid chaneling spell

thanks obama

BastionKross

04-04-2014

I think the new Gragas has potential as a top lane AP tanky bruiser. He's got sustain, ranged harass, a gapcloser/escape, %HP damage, and an ult that can either initiate or disengage as needed.

I'm still trying to come up with a base item build though. I think having an ROA as a first item is key; Gragas loves all three stats and its sustain compliments his passive well. After that, I'm thinking spirit visage for an AP lane opponent for the self healing boost and general tankiness. For an AD lane opponent, I'm actually liking IBG. Good amount of armor, additional CC, and an extra kick to his W. After that, I'm thinking either hourglass and abyssal for more damage or sunfire and banshee for more tankiness. Whichever your team needs.

I still have no idea what ability to level first though. Right now I'm focusing on Q for better harass, as a single point in E can stop an unfavorable trade or initiate one itself. Leveling W first might be a better idea though, it's just the ability itself is so clunky at the moment I don't feel confident putting my early game power there.

Cry1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

Gragas fits the jungle really well with the new changes because of the changes to his W. I think he'd turn into a great pick for a jungler if you focused on him there. He's a bit underwhelming in top, and mid I believe he isn't going to be very strong at if you focus on him becoming more of a magic damage bruiser. I love the new animation for his W autos. I don't think he needs many changes at the moment, except maybe to extend the duration of his W's damage resist now that he is more focused on being a bruiser, maybe to 4 or 5 seconds and reducing some of the ratios to compensate for the improved tankiness. 3 seconds is only really enough for a trade, so it makes him feel awkward in the jungle.

Mokkun

04-04-2014

The knockback on E feels awkward, and seems to waste a lot of the stun. Why do I want the guy I want to keg smash pushed away from me? The only good thing I see is the offchance for pushing someone into a fermenting barrel. (but I don't expect people to stick their butt to a barrel if they can help it anyway.)

The drink time on W also feels weird now with its overall duration. If he's supposed to be brawling, he needs to be able to output autos more, and he spends a significant portion of his time drinking, rather than fighting. The movement while drinking helps, but maybe half a second off of his chug time would help.

The changes you're talking about to his E will definitely help. Its impact area feels very strange at the moment.

I'm curious about trying him as a support, but I'm not expecting to people to let me try in good conscience.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

04-04-2014
6 of 11 Riot Posts

Summary post of the big flows of feedback I see:

1. I like the character (Yay! putting this on the top because I can)
2. I dislike the balance of his W (He doesn't get enough for how much he gives up, does not give enough tankiness, damage is not enough payback etc.)
3. I dislike the design of his W (He should not be channeling to prime this)

The current plan going forward:

After the patch that fixes the clunkiness bugs,

We will be mainly monitoring his W balance in the short term, as in does it give enough payoff in damage in tankiness, does it last enough for Gragas to do what he needs to do etc.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

04-04-2014
7 of 11 Riot Posts

Oh one more thing guys,

I feel that the discussion in this thread has been very constructive compared most other threads, especially from those who dislike the changes.

Really wanted to point that out and to encourage you guys who have been engaging in productive discussion (you should know who you are) to continue doing so in this and other threads.