Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrAntagonist

04-03-2014

Rengar doesn't work anymore. He feels slow, uneven, clunky, and a replacement for a tank minion who wlaks around the map and player controlled. I am completely disappointed with this rework. He feels just...awful. I had 450+ games with Rengar last season in ranked alone and countless in normals. He was my favorite champ and he just feels...ruined.

Bikdark

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Karto View Post
i think you went overboard with giving the enemy awarning that rengar is visible

if you truly want this Rengar should say like "I see you... BEAST" in a small faint voice as a warning

but i really dont like the exclamation point warning...
Honestly I like this idea a lot more. Makes you feel like you're being HUNTED.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-03-2014
11 of 21 Riot Posts

We're getting a lot of good info and feedback so far. Expect bug fixes, QoL and balance changes in the upcoming patches. I'll check in later and respond to more of the questions.

Lacey Casper

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We're getting a lot of good info and feedback so far. Expect bug fixes, QoL and balance changes in the upcoming patches. I'll check in later and respond to more of the questions.
I also dont understand Riot wanting to kill his assassin potential even though Kha'Zix can leap in from fog of war, kill your ADC, leap out or at someone else and having a possible 3 mini stealths with 50% damage reduction. Rengar has zero escapes after ulting and if he failed he was done for. I liked his role as a split-pusher who could pick off those who strayed too far.

And for those saying we are just yelling at Scruffy without proper feedback, we tried. Check the 200 page Rengar rework thread.

Fake Viets

04-03-2014

Hey what about the Head of Kha'Zix? Because atm it feels like Rengar gets nothing from the event where as Kha'Zix get's another evolution point which can be game changing. Do you have any plans for it?

NA Darklarik

04-03-2014

In Regards to his Clear in the Jungle, i like that you now have more armor and magic resist, but the camps arent going to kill themselves, the Removal of Attack speed and the nerf to Life steal quints butchered my clear and Sustain when i tried him out in Cuztoms, will try tommorow in a normal, but based on what ive seen he is suffering in the Jungle.

Could a Monster-Sustain Mechanic be implemented? Or his Q dealing Bonus damage to monsteres?

Level 18 Rengar

04-03-2014

Serious Question here. Why did you decide to Nerf Rengar before champions like Renekton, Lee sin, Leblanc

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccelerationZx View Post
Can a Rioter please just explain Rengars purpose now?

If he is a tank he lacks initiation or strong CC.

If he is a bruiser he lacks strong base values.

If he is an assassin he lacks the burst of every other assassin in the game.

If he is a splitpusher - lol

He lacks a strong laning phase due to lack of trading potential or reliable poke.

In jungle he has slow clear speed and verg mediorce ganks and non-existent ganks before 6.

I also dont understand Riot wanting to kill his assassin potential even though Kha'Zix can leap in from fog of war, kill your ADC, leap out or at someone else and having a possible 3 mini stealths with 50% damage reduction. Rengar has zero escapes after ulting and if he failed he was done for. I liked his role as a split-pusher who could pick off those who strayed too far.

And for those saying we are just yelling at Scruffy without proper feedback, we trjed. Check the 200 page Rengar rework thread.
I am quoting this post until a red replies to it.

itsWind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
is your major argument for not reverting the changes is that it might impact your employment status?

cause if so, i think you should hand over rengar's status to another person.

Desynkronize

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
1. His Q feels awful. It's really easy to accidentally cancel it now and it doesn't flow smoothly out of his leap. It also doesn't seem to reset his auto attacks, which is...weird.

2. Nerfing his base damage while buffing his ratios was a terrible idea. You took away his burst so he can't assassinate any more which means he absolutely has to build like a bruiser...then you structure his abilities to take advantage of building assassin. WUT? Don't force me to build like Renekton and then take away my ability to do any damage if I build like Renekton.

3. Making his ferocity abilities scale off level results in feeling like you have less agency in determining his capabilities. Maxing W to sustain in lane? Maxing E to provide more ranged support/cc in sieges, etc.? Nope. Can't do it.

4. He can't trade vs. champs that trade well. Go playtest Renekton or Darius vs. Rengar in top lane. Seriously. I'll wait.

5. He can't cs without eating harass from champs that harass well and he doesn't have the sustain to tank through it. Go playtest Ryze or Kennen vs. Rengar in top lane. Seriously. I'll wait.

6. Add #4 and #5 together and the result is that 90% of the commonly picked top laners are bad matchups for him. That simply isn't viable. He will not see play unless something dramatic is done.

I appreciate you trying to communicate with us on this issue. If you have any thoughts related to the above points I would love to hear them.
Also agree though