Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tisio

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
So let's talk about that perceived "incompetency" in a champion change - what do you perceive Rengar to need and what do you perceive this rework to have killed.

If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
Needs: His identity
what was killed: His assassin identity

mtrx033

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
The thought process here was that, with the goal of allowing opponents to react to Rengar's engage, we wanted to pursue alternate methods of increasing their reaction window without having to take it all out of his damage. The warning is meant to be a very short "Rengar is coming" moment but still allow Rengar to engage on the target.
OH NO

Rengar is coming to TICKLE ME

Narasimha

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canstainer View Post
Umh, and for example what the players can do, when malphite jump with his ultimate?
I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure that Malphite doesn't go invisible. Also, try not grouping up so much? Might sound crazy, but it works wonders.

Smite Club

04-03-2014

Quote:
The thought process here was that, with the goal of allowing opponents to react to Rengar's engage, we wanted to pursue alternate methods of increasing their reaction window without having to take it all out of his damage. The warning is meant to be a very short "Rengar is coming" moment but still allow Rengar to engage on the target.
the problem with this however, is that you cant even sneak up on the target your trying to because if you walk by anyone even if its not your intended target they are gonna alert everyone else. the person would have to be completely alone in order for this to work as intended

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Well you kinda removed his damage... Especially with a nerfed Q and Bola not being targetable (odds are you won't hit who you want in a teamfight) so there goes that damage too. Tell me, if damage is a concern here why doesn't nid have a 4 second channel that sets off your buildings fire alarm so you know that she's about to throw a spear from the Fog of War?

Edit; This isn't a "OMG NID OP". I just laugh when riot talks about not being able to see when you're about to lose all your life and yet nidalee has existed as she has for so long.

jimmy57

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
You would literally have to ward every 20 feet, because Shaco has the same exact issues.

If he's ahead, he rips apart anything thats not tanky.
If he's behind, he'll go after your towers with glee.
Considering he has traps, a blink + invis, and his ult, its an effort in futility to catch Shaco with one person. Send more people after him, and a smart team will counterpush.
We're not playing the same game, friend.

Shaco is not a high priority pick - you and your teams probably are unaware of how to play against him.

There are champions that do have little ability to be handled - Nidalee and a well-played Leblanc.

Shaco is not a challenging champion to deal with - you just have to understand what he does and what his counterplay is.

He does not have perma stealth like evelynn, so modifying your ward placement isn't as significant.

There are many ways to deal with him - I can detail some if you really want

The Dunkmaster

04-03-2014

Hiya Scruffy.

I like the rework so far although he feels a little bit weak due to lack of upfront burst, I think the best option would to be revert the ult change to his ferocity generation, it should be during his ult so I can still be relevant ulting without any ferocity to start with instead of missing opportunities.

Also I like how he's more of a "chase down and kill" hunter instead of instakilling them, although I feel he takes a bit too long to kill giving their team a lot of time to react.

So far the rework feels like more of a fighter/bruiser instead of an assassin and if you go full AD then his damage is HUGE lategame, one empowered Q dealt 3/4 of a squishy's health lategame.

What I don't like his how clunky his Q feels, I saw the little cooldown that was added between Q's so you can't use it as an instant reset and I was wondering if you could make it scale with attack speed so the more attack speed you have the less the cooldown between Q's is?

I like his new jungle strength although due to Q nerfs feels a little bit slow, although the extra tankiness is really nice and Feral Flare is extremely strong on him too.

I'm a jungle main so i've been playing him jungle and generally I start machete, get a wriggle's ASAP and then a Blade of the Ruined King for the sustain, attack speed and active for extra chasing power, after that I think a sunfire/visage or a hydra would be good for either defense or damage.

Anyway I appreciate the rework and i'm glad rengar isn't in a ****ty position without possibility of buffs anymore.

Canstainer

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisio View Post
Needs: His identity
what was killed: His assassin identity
Yeah i feel the same, rengar have the concept of "Ultimate Hunter", but he cant play as the hunter, more like a tank? and use his ultimate for scape :S

Tisio

04-03-2014

Quote:
The thought process here was that, with the goal of allowing opponents to react to Rengar's engage, we wanted to pursue alternate methods of increasing their reaction window without having to take it all out of his damage.
you still did though

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-03-2014
10 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamku View Post
It at very least feels that most time there is a big lag time in-between attack and q.

It feels like release rengar when his attack speed from q wouldn't affect him until his first attack after the q
This is likely the reason that the Q is feeling sluggish to most people. It would be a good quality of life change to make the Q attack a bit faster even if it doesn't give the attack speed. Great observation.