Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Von Nicklesnout

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellTheJava View Post
When is riot going to fire you?
Riot won't fire Scruffy because he's doing such an exemplary job at killing off the playerbase for any non-human characters that people may play. I mean, ****. It's bad enough that Rengar's Q doesn't have the attack speed bonus unless it's 5 Ferocity anymore, but it deals 20 + 100% AD. You literally only get a small auto attack buff on a six second cooldown for jungling/laning.

I mean, Skarner was bad enough as it is, but I have a feeling that Scruffy gets his jollies by ruining champions and ignoring feedback like the overpaid sack of **** he is.

Level 18 Rengar

04-03-2014

It's very annoying how his Q doesn't work against towers and its even more annoying that the Q animation stays for every auto when hitting a tower

Kamku

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Q should still be resetting Rengars AA. If this isn't the case we will definitely fix it. I'll double check that Q still resets the attack but I'm pretty sure it does.
It at very least feels that most time there is a big lag time in-between attack and q.

It feels like release rengar when his attack speed from q wouldn't affect him until his first attack after the q

Canstainer

04-03-2014

What about when rengar hit whit bola strike buff rengar with some MS bonus?

Compenisator

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Q should still be resetting Rengars AA. If this isn't the case we will definitely fix it. I'll double check that Q still resets the attack but I'm pretty sure it does.
Alright. Thanks for looking into that. If it's still an AA reset it might just be the animation being longer than what I'm used to. I've canceled my AA > Q and Q1 > Q2 combos a few times and it looks like a pretty common issue from responses.

Gibbusflame

04-03-2014

I'm confused as to why his Q isn't able to crit. It's bonus physical damage on an AA…that's not supposed to crit?

Coming from a non-rengar player.

CamoClad

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
So let's talk about that perceived "incompetency" in a champion change - what do you perceive Rengar to need and what do you perceive this rework to have killed.

If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
The rework of his ult has killed my perception of Rengar as a competent hunter. The alert of him being nearby is as if someone hunting a deer steps on a twig while making a stalk. Its a classic blunder on the part of a hunter and the good hunters, both man and beast take great pain to not make such a folly. Hell look at how big cats that stalk and ambush prey go about their business, the creep and stalk, taking great pains to remain unseen, unheard, unsmelled, unnoticed. The system of alerting Rengar's prey just, and I think Im stealing Morello's words here, kills the "fantasy" of Rengar being the ultimate hunter.

Now on the positive note, the bolas being a skill shot is immensely satisfying as far as a marksmanship skill is consider and very much satisfies a sense of being on the hunt. His Q is kinda his odd point for me currently. It just feels kinda odd at the moment. In all honesty as far as something Q could do to become closer to his overall them, what about a bleed effect? Hunter track prey all the time by blood trails, so why not have his Q apply a DoT and perhaps leave a visual trail that Rengar can use to track thru the fog of war and invisibility? Just a thought.

Then again, I have always wanted Riot to release a Big Game hunter human champion, but that could just be the redneck in me :-)

Valenten

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
His pick rate is less than 1%. No one is playing him, because like what's happening now:

1. His role has changed.
2. There was no communication as to why it was changing.
3. The kit still feels clunky.
4. Other champions do the new role better.

I am actually shocked they were able to do THE SAME EXACT THING AGAIN! It's actually pretty impressive from a trolling stand point.
There was a Rengar rework thread that reached over 200 pages and they kept the same basics of what was discussed in that thread. I dont see how you can even say that there was no communication. People are just mad that Riot removed the parts of his kit that had no counterplay.

Shaella

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenten View Post
There was a Rengar rework thread that reached over 200 pages and they kept the same basics of what was discussed in that thread. I dont see how you can even say that there was no communication. People are just mad that Riot removed the parts of his kit that had no counterplay.
there's nothing in league with no counterplay

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenten View Post
There was a Rengar rework thread that reached over 200 pages and they kept the same basics of what was discussed in that thread.
No.