Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

04-03-2014
8 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com*****ator View Post
Rengar needs his AA reset back.

He feels so slow now.
Q should still be resetting Rengars AA. If this isn't the case we will definitely fix it. I'll double check that Q still resets the attack but I'm pretty sure it does.

CrashOmega1

04-03-2014

I see what you were trying to do with this rework but now he feels clunky. His ulti feels lackluster. He was much more fun to play as an assassin imo. I didn't care if I jumped into a team and deleted one person and died. It felt rewarding to set up my team to go in while the enemies were distracted. But now he has no identity. He cant splitpush, he can't assassinate, and he still feels squishy compared to other bruisers. I appreciate what you tried to do with him but I feel like it was all just a big nerf. Maybe with some number tweaks he could be better.

Narasimha

04-03-2014

Old Rengar: If he was ahead, could easily 100-0 all squishies on enemy team. Could you stop him? Maybe, if you're not the first one being attacked. Literally. You got raped from stealth. Oh, and if he was behind? Its cool, he doesn't need to fight, he'll just split push towers all day. Whats that, you sent people to stop him? All good bro, he'll just stealth away.
This is almost literally the definition of toxic gameplay. There is very few things opponents can do to successfully react in either case.
New Rengar: Has to actually plan out his moves. He's now better rewarded for being in team fights rather than doing his own thing. So people know when he's in the vague area if he ults? Great, thats like knowing someone is pointing a gun at you. Doesn't mean you know when they'll pull the trigger. He has a decent amount of counterplay now, take it and move on.

NA Darklarik

04-03-2014

Before i ask for number changes, there are some Quality of life Q&A changes he could use:

1. Being able to cast Bola while moving
Context: Given the speed and and how this the skillshot is (easy to miss), for chasing down targets, i think this is a nice change so rengar dosent lost momentum. Ive had enemies who outran my Bola, very frustrating given how hard it is to hit in some situations.

2. Increase Rengar's Q animation speed, and make it hit towers. Remove Global .5 Second CD between Empowered Q and Regular
Context: New Q feels clunky. Slow. The .5 Second Cd between Emp Q and regular Q messes combos up, it demands you stay still, giving enemies precise time to get distance between you, Given rengar's burst has gone down, he needs this. Not letting Q hit towers was wrong. Its a mechanic he has had since release, and it just really ruins his feel.

Other than this will need to test much more before jumping the gun. Those small changes could definitely get the ball rolling easier. Also, the Alert ! on his ult... thats just evil Scruffy.

Gotta go eat now, id like to post more feedback later so i hope your around later to keep chatting. Bring Thornmail for the Ragers.

Threnge

04-03-2014

It's a damn shame that Rengar won't be fixed due to any constructive, thought out criticism being drown in an ocean of rage. I'm pissed, but screaming at Scruffy or anyone else at Riot does nothing to help the situation. Idgaf about some Rioter's feelings, I care about Rengar and I want to enjoy playing him again, which I don't with these changes.

Rengar had a playstyle that punished carelessness, and was only toxic to people that believe that warding/playing safe is beneath them. Yes, he could burst down a carry in less than a second, but he usually died immediately after as the teammates of his target collapsed on him. Being able to trade an assassin for a valuable carry is not toxic, it's good math.

If you want to keep his kit and his overall feel, you need to make him an assassin and revert the changes somewhat. If you want him to be a bruiser, then he need a complete kit overhaul, changes to everything. Having a champ that plays like an assassin but is forced to build like an offtank is just stupid.

cool165

04-03-2014

his e is good,but fix the e missile speed feels a bit too slow. his q is also a bit lackluster and feels clunky. The warning is pretty bad for his ult. The point of going invisible is so your enemies don't know where you are not give them a beacon saying "i am about to dive your back-line".

i say give his e a faster missle speed and have his normal q grant SOME kind of attack speed boost or other effect.

as much as i don't like the either of the changes between skarner and rengar reworks theres no reason to hate on him this much.

Hellioning

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco the Dragon View Post
Read the topic idiot. People have been pointing out it's too slow.
Does name calling really make Scruffy want to respond to these topics any more?

Shaella

04-03-2014

whats the point of stealth if people know you're about to ambush them

Brent Rambo II

04-03-2014

He feels great

I just think his base Q is a bit lackluster in early ranks, in terms of damage, and makes his early game too weak

Shaella

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Does name calling really make Scruffy want to respond to these topics any more?
well he could not have horribly murdered two champs with 'reworks'