Rengar Thread of Bolas and Roaring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RAWR IM RENGAR

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy57 View Post
that is impressive denial.

You are a failure at your position in the company. You have proven this twice.

You are completely unable to accept criticism, even when you are clearly at fault and have made terrible decisions. Anyone competent would move you to a different department or just let you go from the company.

A player-centered response to this would be more like,

'guys, i messed this one up. We tested it out extensively and our teams (and pbe players) thought it was ok (even though this was a complete lie and pbe players told you it was ****).'

i'm assuming lyte is telling you how to handle this and auditing your posts somewhat, so you're receiving advice from someone whose business it is to lie and make it sound come across as empathetic.

Any intelligent person sees through this.
awww lahdy lahwdy lawddddd amennnnnn mah brother

Thunder God Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

So this post is all about ignore the 90% pissed off avid rengar players and respond to the 5% happy rengar players that didnt know how to play rengar to begin with. and possibly respond to the 5% that dont play rengar but feel the need to say they like the changes.

Viral Nightmare

04-03-2014

So did Scruffy have a mental breakdown and just ditch the thread? Why do other Rioters have to take the flak? It's like spitting in someones face and then letting your goons handle it when they try to chase you.

Mid Lane Swain

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
If you say super safe split pushing, you're going to make me sad.
Not as sad as us when we tried Rengar

Lacey Casper

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brethren Am View Post
So this post is all about ignore the 90% pissed off avid rengar players and respond to the 5% happy rengar players that didnt know how to play rengar to begin with. and possibly respond to the 5% that dont play rengar but feel the need to say they like the changes.
Yep! and it makes me sick to my stomach that they Get away with this..

MajorPain9

04-03-2014

Quote:

I might get called out for selectively quoting here, but I'd really like to see the landscape as one of feedback (even if passionate feedback) rather than direct character statements and raw "HE'S TERRIBLE AT THIS" statements. I get that you want to vent, but in a place where someone wants to have a conversation, that's not possible if someone enters the room and says "EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS WRONG, I BELIEVE X IS TRUE AND THEREFORE UNLESS YOU FIX IT I WON'T TALK TO YOU."

The response to that is to say "WELL HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO US SO WE WON'T LISTEN TO HIM," but we really need to reset this kind of thing. Maybe we didn't communicate certain concepts better and maybe some didn't actually enter the conversation in a mature way. That's all I'm saying.
Except there was no real discussion actually had until Xelnath showed up to talk about Skarner. The fan base basically got a "He isn't the same get used to it" paraphrase and was still left to rot. Your entire staff assumed that the skarner mains would not compromise with out permaslow, but if you read the actual thread, you will see that wasn't even close to what the fans felt like. You guys are really dropping the ball with both of these and you owe both champions a thought out, and well written description on the recent changes with DEV blogs to both.

PsychoWafflez

04-03-2014

Quote:

In playtests, Rengar was typically building an in-between (with a few players trying out assassin builds), and he was still obliterating ADCs. The 1000 range is an indicator but doesn't actually reveal him, so Rengar should go steamrolling into the fight when he wants to engage, rather than sitting right beside the ADC for a few seconds before blowing them up. Engaging should be a commitment, not just a kitty sitting on the spot for a while.

The Q not working on towers feeling bad might be a truth but do we agree that Rengar's split pushing was absolutely obnoxious without tradeoffs? If not, maybe that's where the conversation should start.
Engaging into a back line that gets alerted front eh front line from seeing a warning also he lost his as that was more then enough plenty of things can q towers

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Loli View Post
DO you really think its a good idea to only respond to the praising comment?
There really are only two comments in this thread; ones saying that Scruffy should be fired/killed, etc. and those praising him.

Then you have the outlier of ones that are not addressed to the subject at hand.

Mid Lane Swain

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mundo View Post
rIOT DIDN'T THINK HIS SPLITPUSHIING WAS A PROBLEM WHEN THEY RELEASED HIM. WHY IS IT ONE NOW?
When he was released, he was killing champions and then turrets.

MajorPain9

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brethren Am View Post
Don't forget the random skarner mains that empathise with the kitty fans. We know this feel all to well.