The Gragas Followup Thread

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C9 MonkeyD Luffy

04-03-2014

I feel like he has very little kill potential now.

Nahff Bengarr

04-03-2014

I don't see any reason why the mana restore was removed from his W--that was literally THE first and foremost use of it.

Could you please explain this change?

Venser1798

04-03-2014

he's still OP

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

04-03-2014
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing for hemo View Post
I like the rework, but i wish that his E would apply the tick of his W to whoever he hits.
Can you tell me what you mean by this? Do you mean the W will proc on whoever he hits with E?

I would think once the issue with the Autoattack after E is fixed, E would more or less guarantee a W anyway.

tempname85964787

04-03-2014

When are you going to hotfix him?

cwcriner

04-03-2014

Getting closer, but bodyslam cooldown be kinda long. Also channel on W be awkward as balls. Either make it a buff, or an AA reset.

hashinshin

04-03-2014

Those changes are legitimatley all the complaints I had with him.

Charzin

04-03-2014

My only real issue with the rework is that the W damage reduction is only good if you already know the damage is incoming. By the time you're done drinking, the reduction is already half gone.

I think his new 'dps combo' is going to be Land Barrel hit -> immediately start walking towards the slowed person while using Drunken Rage -> Body slam into them once Drunken Rage is done and use the autoattack.

It's certainly more mechanically interesting, I like the lower costs on his abilities, but I feel as though he's still going to be used primarily as a mage, and I'm not sure if that was your intended direction.

EDIT: As for changes, the only thing I'd like to see different would be a bit more time on the damage reduction if you're maxing W. You could then choose between in-your-face Gragas with longer safety, or the old poke-gragas with maxing his barrels.

The Italian Ice

04-03-2014

The animation for his Body Slam... sweet Jesus that's amazing

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

04-03-2014
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
What is the direction you are trying to make with Gragas? Are we suppose to be a mage carry like old? A tanky ganker in the jungle? Or an AP bruiser in the top lane?

I feel as there are a bit of line stepping with the past two Kassadin/Gragas reworks to more AP junglers with the amount of brawling with AA abilities have been implimented into their kits. Has their roles in the game been transferred elsewhere?
Lanes were less of an issue to us when we were doing the rework. We were more concerned about changing his core pattern than we were about lane assignments.

We would expect that his new strengths and weakness suit him better in non-mid lanes but if he is still proven to be a good mid we would be fine with it, provided that the pattern change holds.

12345612 ... 31