Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lm Krueger ml

03-23-2014

You mentioned giving vision on E is potentially a lot of power. What if its only vision for Rengar? As mentioned before use the heat vision so that only Rengar can see it. That should lower the power budget right?

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-23-2014
48 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
The idea I have for Q is to make it more than a glorified auto-attack from ranking up. Instead of giving Empowered Q the aspd steroid, how about making the aspd steroid for Empowered abilities period and then boost its effect with ranks in Q?
We are actually specifically decoupling the empowered abilities from the base ability rank ups so that all 3 empowered abilities are a possible choice regardless of what skills you are leveling.

Bone Warden

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We are actually specifically decoupling the empowered abilities from the base ability rank ups so that all 3 empowered abilities are a possible choice regardless of what skills you are leveling.
That's nice. Stop posting here. Give Skarner some attention.

MajorPain9

03-23-2014

Damn this is some good feedback. Really wish you were this thorough with Skarner.

Samflash3

03-23-2014

I have one problem with the Rengar rework and that is turret taking. If rengar is not allowed to take turrets with his Q, why is Nasus?

Talohmiir

03-23-2014

Hey Scruffy, who's in charge of Rengar's new skin? Who created it? I think it's cool and I'll buy it

lm Krueger ml

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

His suggestion wouldnt actually affect the balance of what empowered ability you use. He's saying you would get an AS boost from using ANY emp ability.

You get the same effect regardless of which you choose to use. Leveling Q would increase this AS boost across all emp choices.

MajorPain9

03-23-2014

Scruffy any comment on the champion you reworked that now has less than a 1% pick rate? Or are we still going with the silent treatment thing?

The5lacker

03-23-2014

Can I ask a quick question: Why does Bonetooth Necklace exist?

First, champion unique items just seem like a strange idea, but I'll buy it. It was a neat experiment. But my question now is this: What's the cost of Bonetooth Necklace? It used to not only cost gold, but take up an item slot, giving Rengar some unique abilities and snowball potential but, again, requiring an investment. New Bonetooth is free, is a Trinket, and more importantly is just the same trinkets with a different icon. There is absolutely no reason for Bonetooth Necklace to be an item anymore: There's no cost and no reason not to get it. Rengar is always going to have it. It's an Innate Passive, not an item, and a rather boring one at that. Plus, that makes...3 passives that Rengar now has. He has his Ferocity system, his Leap attack, and now Bonetooth Necklace. Three free innate passives. Wow. And people thought Yasuo was overloaded.

Byebyemeowgg

03-23-2014

Thanks for answering some questions scruffy