Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwicherbichn

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DeathMarks View Post
cool. i dont think rengo should be reworked first over sion and some old unplayed champs.
Even though this post got downvoted I have to agree here. Rengar is one of the newer champs in League. I would of loved to see maybe a rework on somebody like Warwick or Cho'Gath. That being said, re-works shouldn't be something just handed out like candy because they cause delay for new champions to come out which we've all seen a heavily decrease in recently.

Longshadow213

03-23-2014

I think he's fine now, he can still double Q at the very least, and they never said he couldn't. The only thing I don't like is that he just flat out loses ferocity. That's not really adding counterplay, just making his ganks worse for not really any good reason.

Wolveronin

03-23-2014

I'm actually a big fan of this rework for the most part. The changes to the W, E and R I think are all worthwhile and a good idea. The only issue I can see is with his Q. Taking out the AS steroid from the regular Q was a big nerf. I'm not sure how well jungle Rengar would work now, and that is something that I feel is a very fitting role for him. Hunting and stalking in the shadows and whatnot. It is nice that Rengar can level however he wants and still use empowered abilities since they scale off of character level, but it is somewhat surprising that even as a damage dealing assassin, maxing his E seems to be the way to go. It doesn't make sense for an assassin to be poking from a distance, but somehow that's how the math works out.

Whipblade

03-23-2014

At this point, I think I'd rather see him lose his current W and BTN to gain some kind of escape mechanic and still be an assassin instead of some kind of... pseudo-bruiser.

Rengar is life

03-23-2014

Let Q hit towers, splitpushing is a huge part of Rengar's identity.

Hisiru

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipblade View Post
At this point, I think I'd rather see him lose his current W and BTN to gain some kind of escape mechanic and still be an assassin instead of some kind of... pseudo-bruiser.
Yup. Another boring bruiser for this boring tanky meta. Poor Rengar players... the REAL Rengar players, because it seems that most of the people who enjoyed this rework are inexperienced Rengar players or people who doesn't even play him that often....

L3onidas

03-23-2014

Since I got my post deleted on Surrender@20 for simply having a strong opinion I figure I'll post on here instead. Maybe I'll get heard.

I don't mean to bash or disrespect anyone at RIOT or any fans, I would simply like to speak my peace and frustration about this rengar rework. I'm currently in PLAT and I have a higher elo fellow rengar main who we agree on with a lot of things as far as rengar goes and we discuss changes etc. First, for the past year our dear rengar has been nothing but nerfed periodically and consistently. Second, his laning is completely non-existant and rengar gets outplayed due to simple BASE stats and getting out sustained by other champions - his trading is absolutely terrible even though I still play him and take advantage of his real strengths (empowered abilities).
As far as the new rework, my friend who hasn't stopped playing rengar and toying around with strategies on pbe, tells me he's even worse than before. Trading in lane is impossible due to yet ANOTHER (bunch of nerfs) on Q which was his "last-stand" after all the nerfs prior, now its shattered to the ground. You can't trade effectively against higher elo in lane, you can't split push or it is "not encouraged" although a VERY viable strategy. Personally, I love split pushing in this meta but when we have the advantage I love wrecking squishies in team fights, you guys already established that now but you're killing the groove. Although nerfed in live he is still some-what playable - now hes becoming but a shadow of the hunter he should be. My opinion - leave Q the way it is in LIVE, rest of the changes seem to give him situational buffs which he desperately needs anyway (just no more nerfs!).
Theres over 110 champions in this game and everyone picks/mains their own play style. Well mine is rengar and I do not appreciate this rework and the way rengar is headed - STILL not lcs approved, or at least we haven't seen him (must be a reason) and STILL not a priority pick over other junglers/top laners. I'm very upset, maybe since he's still getting worked on its not too late to make him better overall and include the raw power he deserves instead of squirmishly including him back to the roster with 0-0% chance of being viable. Again I would like to underline that I understand you guys take pride in these reworks and work very hard for us players and is much appreciated but this simply doesn't seem like a good change at all - seems like fun for a while then back to useless. Frustrating. No offense. Strongly opinionated. Thanks for reading.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm Krueger ml View Post

It specifically was considered toxic and led to Rengar being banned in tournaments because it was considered a bugged mechanic to triple Q someone. It's actually been proven at this point that what you're asking for is OP. Or at the very least it isn't something Riot wants in their game, which ultimately isn't something we can argue with.
No, Rengar was banned because the empower bug was abused to allow him to fire off all three of his empowered abilities at the same time because only one has a cast animation. Do more research than "Rengar was banned, must be the triple Q."

Besides, triple Q was already taken care of with duration changes and now R Ferocity gain changes. It should be safe to add some of its previous power back rather than nerf it again.

Darnell

03-23-2014

what is PBAOE dmg? also pls let rengar Q towers RITO PLS

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

03-23-2014
42 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DeathMarks View Post
cool. i dont think rengo should be reworked first over sion and some old unplayed champs.
There are a lot of champions that we want to make improvements to including Sion. We work on many projects at a time and some (like Sion) just take longer to finish. Rengar recently got a bunch of nerfs, and we wanted to follow up reasonably quickly with a rework so that he wouldn't have to stay in a nerfed state for a long time.