What I think about Riot's recent balance decisions

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dementation

03-20-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edmq...&feature=share

Seriously Riot stop making every damn thing the same in this game. Fun is still a huge factor. Making everything the god damn same makes it boring.

FFS All is OP

03-20-2014

I don't agree with quite a bit of their balance decisions, but Lee shouldn't be the poster child for a 'failed' balance attempt. He's grossly out of line. He brings a gun to a knife fight compared to other champs.

Either others need to have similar tools as Lee or Lee needs to be brought in line with them. He currently doesn't have enough of a tradeoff for all the stuff in his kit.

Dementation

03-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS All is OP View Post
I don't agree with quite a bit of their balance decisions, but Lee shouldn't be the poster child for a 'failed' balance attempt. He's grossly out of line. He brings a gun to a knife fight compared to other champs.

Either others need to have similar tools as Lee or Lee needs to be brought in line with them. He currently doesn't have enough of a tradeoff for all the stuff in his kit.
It isn't only about Lee, Riot is changing everything from weak/weaker early to better/strong late game. Losing the diversity in this game. I don't want to play a game where every champion has to wait until late game to do something.

And yes Lee Sin does need to be toned down but the changes they propose are just too much. Tempest for example got its damage AND slow nerfed. What happened to slowly nerfing champions instead of nerfing a bunch of stuff like Olaf.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

03-20-2014
1 of 13 Riot Posts

OH BOY.

One big qualm I have with this particular argument (let's not get into detailed why a specific change is good for Lee Sin / game health or not, or maybe later) is that the philosophical approach to Lee Sin was never to make him "the same" or have the same power curve as everyone else.

We've made it really clear we love varied power curves, but we also value counterplay and Lee Sin was, by his stats and power, winning a certain phase of the game by showing up. If you're literally not allowed to play a champion because they picked a different champion, that's a hard counter and it's not great. The changes we proposed for Lee were always to follow in this philosophy, and while I won't disagree if you feel the changes didn't reflect it, I am a little confused when people say "oh you're making Lee Sin the same as everyone," when even in internal playtests he's following pretty much the same curve as before (he's actually doing quite well, and these are challenger / diamond players who play in competitive playtests).

Neurosurgeonwolf

03-20-2014

Pantheon ult and stun nerf are more than Lee sin nerfs... the Pantheon ult range is pathetic and NO ONE can deny that. The image showing its real range from fountain was ridonk.

BladeGuard

03-20-2014

im below

Guildrum

03-20-2014

A red has bitten the bait thread.

This will not end well.

Rauron

03-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
FINE. I'M BITING.
You've already lost. This was the wrong thread; there will be no real discussion here. For what it's worth, I'll be here with you, and together we shall sink into the downvote oblivion. I've got trail mix.

UpDownLeftBAUp

03-20-2014

Posting cause I'm a couple away from a red.

I'm done now.

Xedrox

03-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
FINE. I'M BITING. THIS IS WHERE WE WILL TALK.

One big qualm I have with this particular argument (let's not get into detailed why a specific change is good for Lee Sin / game health or not, or maybe later) is that the philosophical approach to Lee Sin was never to make him "the same" or have the same power curve as everyone else.

We've made it really clear we love varied power curves, but we also value counterplay and Lee Sin was, by his stats and power, winning a certain phase of the game by showing up. If you're literally not allowed to play a champion because they picked a different champion, that's a hard counter and it's not great.

I won't disagree if we say that the Lee Sin changes specifically don't address the core philosophy, but I am a little confused when people say "oh you're making Lee Sin the same as everyone," when even in internal playtests he's following pretty much the same curve as before (he's actually doing quite well, and these are challenger / diamond players who play in competitive playtests).
little off topic here but...a small question...morello said you guys dont want to olaf champions yet you(not directly you) guys completely destroy pantheon and completely ignore renekton

just curious why is this?

1234511 ... 26