@Riot warning emails

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lIlIlIlIlIlI

12-09-2010

I responded explaining my discomfort on receiving the email and was promptly responded to by another generated generic response.

Good for Riot, tbh.

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIlIlIlIlIlI View Post
I responded explaining my discomfort on receiving the email and was promptly responded to by another generated generic response.

Good for Riot, tbh.
Working as intended

Spewns

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by That****CatTom View Post
this
Weren't you just in another warning thread talking about how you intentionally feed and go afk in games? And that thread was started by an OP who openly admits to intentional feeding.

Yeah, these warnings sure are hitting all the wrong people.

I'm looking forward to reading the forums today.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-09-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We sent out Emails to the 35,000 most reported players that we were currently reviewing their reports (and we are).

It was intended to be a heads-up that we take it seriously - and that we do ban people.

It's likely that of those 35,000 - at least several thousand will be banned for varying durations.

edenechoes

12-09-2010

Because it's not a warning per se. Let's say, for example, the police have sent a mail to everyone based on recorded "potential" offenses, which says: "Make sure you behave, we're watching you! Our most common offenses are: Traffic or parking violations. Public disturbances. Disturbing the peace." And then they jail you six months after the fact for something that was recorded six months after the fact.

Okay, fair warning I guess. They sent an indetermine number of people a "warning" letter based on an indetermine number of recorded "potential" offenses which aren't specified, while informing those people politely that the majority of offenses being reported are so mundane and subjective that you could probably nail Mother Teresa for it. You shouldn't act surprised if they retroactively jail or fine you because you were given ample "warning" of your now-specified violations which wasn't specified before that you probably don't even remember, and should you be punished for a grievance after the warning's fact, you were adequately notified of how to rectify your behavior to avoid such a consequence.

Undervalued

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenechoes View Post
Because it's not a warning per se. Let's say, for example, the police have sent a mail to everyone based on recorded "potential" offenses, which says: "Make sure you behave, we're watching you! Our most common offenses are: Traffic or parking violations. Public disturbances. Disturbing the peace." And then they jail you six months after the fact for something that was recorded six months after the fact.

Okay, fair warning I guess. They sent an indetermine number of people a "warning" letter based on an indetermine number of recorded "potential" offenses which aren't specified, while informing those people politely that the majority of offenses being reported are so mundane and subjective that you could probably nail Mother Teresa for it. You shouldn't act surprised if they retroactively jail or fine you because you were given ample "warning" of your now-specified violations which wasn't specified before that you probably don't even remember, and should you be punished for a grievance after the warning's fact, you were adequately notified of how to rectify your behavior to avoid such a consequence.
Brain anurism crits for over 9000....instant death

Minrog

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenechoes View Post
Okay, fair warning I guess. They sent an indetermine number of people a "warning" letter based on an indetermine number of recorded "potential" offenses which aren't specified,
Actually, Pendragon just said it was 35,000 warning letters. That's not indeterminate.

Pretty sure Mother Theresa doesn't threaten to come to your house and kill you and then spout racist slurs as she leaves the game at level 2. A few hundred times in a row.

It's not a warning for the guys who deserve the ban. It's a warning for the rest that the account reaper is coming.

iEnky

12-09-2010

Where in the summoner's code and/or code of conduct does it say that it is against the rules to leave a game?
Just curious, was looking through both and couldn't anything that stated it is against the rules to leave.

Minrog

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEnky View Post
Where in the summoner's code and/or code of conduct does it say that it is against the rules to leave a game?
Just curious, was looking through both and couldn't anything that stated it is against the rules to leave.
It's under the blanket of "intentional disruption of game play".

Monkits

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We sent out Emails to the 35,000 most reported players that we were currently reviewing their reports (and we are).

It was intended to be a heads-up that we take it seriously - and that we do ban people.

It's likely that of those 35,000 - at least several thousand will be banned for varying durations.
Nice to know I wasn't in the top 35,000! I was expecting some spite reporting...