Attempting to Reconnect

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2014

Every day i wake up and race to my computer to check if the game is stable, one game may be stable, then the next goes to complete garbage.

I truly want to play the game normally.

Enemy of Oz

03-18-2014

ISP: Verizion

Attached Files
File Type: txt riot-lol-results-pc-v6.txt (1.18 MB, 9 views)

Dimethyltripper

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 奪取勝利 View Post
Riot is absolutely and categorically not the number 1 game company out there, Blizzard is. They pioneered the origins of dota and the mmo; Blizzard's the giant while Riot's merely the infant. I lament so badly that Blizzard hadn't create League of Legends, and some pathetic company did.
He said #1 game, not company. LoL logs more hours than any other game atm.

Dimethyltripper

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobus Suckus View Post
To everyone who is saying "Oh, the game is Free to Play, stop whining." or "Just because Riot gets money from skins doesn't mean they're rich."

Riot made OVER $7,000,000,000 in 2011 alone. Yes, SEVEN BILLION.

And that increased by 40% the following year.

This company has TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars.

Now, here's where you really get mad...

They spend SEVEN PERCENT on servers.

Stop defending Riot. Stop buying RP. Stop buying power up card. Stop playing until it's fixed.

This company is a joke.
Your numbers are pretty off, but I agree with the sentiment.

LoLJFowla

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styphalian View Post
damn straight. I mean, we're flooded with Asians.
There not asians... their eyes are just squinted because they are stoned all the time

Dimethyltripper

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codyman View Post
Every day i wake up and race to my computer to check if the game is stable, one game may be stable, then the next goes to complete garbage.

I truly want to play the game normally.
If you're anything like me you've refreshed this Topic ten thousand times in the last 4 days.... or is it 5 now?

Veronikins

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksync View Post
vancouver bc players are having this problem, i dont think you guys want to lose your vancouver players, theyre probably like 30% of the entire league population and good gamers too.
agreed

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2014

about 6 refreshes

RiotRival

NOC Technician

03-18-2014
2 of 19 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

I'm sorry that there has not been much of an update here.
I'm trying to get something put back into the first post, however we are working on this issue and are working with our providers to see just what is causing.

The logs you have been providing are helping us, the more info we have to dig through, the more common trends we are able to find.

Keeping everyone two days in the dark isn't cool, and for that I am sorry.

Will be working for a bigger update on this, but this is still in our focus and has not fallen off of our radar.

Jacobus Suckus

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltripper View Post
Your numbers are pretty off, but I agree with the sentiment.

I don't think my numbers are off.

Last year Riot made 3,851,868,086.19 from selling RP. This increased by 39% from 2011. They obviously make money from other places too and their total income was 5,284,319,973.58.
The total cost for the servers was 410,377,568.81. This means they spend 7.77% of their total income on servers but it would make more sense to see how much money that comes from us is spent on servers since people buy RP in hope of improving servers. 10.65% of the money they make from selling RP is spent on servers. Additionally the money spent on servers has gone up every year.
The profit they made that goes into people's pocket was 1,537,020,477.14. This increase by 25% from 2011. As fun comparison. Activision Blizzard has made a net profit (money that goes into people's pockets) of 839,728,266 which only increased by 1% from 2011. The weakest link being the subscriptions from WoW which were at 903,310,824 (17% lower than 2011).

I hope this gives people some insight instead of rambling about Riot swimming in money every time the server goes down.

People asked for sources so here it is:

http://www.tencent.com/en-us/content...nts/201202.pdf

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ual_Report.pdf

I've been accountant for 2 years and don't expect every single person here to be able to understand annual reports with ease but at least people don't complain about sources.