4.4 Patch Freezing after Death on Mac

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GarnetDust

03-17-2014

I just finished reading over the 4.4 patch notes and I was hoping to see the freezing after death issues for Macs being fixed.

Was this resolved or will we have to wait until next patch?

Thanks

Mike4Real

03-17-2014

I just read the patch notes as well, and I did not see it in the bug fixes. I don't know why they wouldn't include it but apparently there were other Mac patches that also go unmentioned in the patch notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
... We've been pushing out patches with optimization improvements for the Mac for the past few releases(including a big one in 4.2 that I thought for sure had resolved the issue). Each of them improved this issue but it has been a bit of a hard one to tackle down and eliminate it entirely from all types/configurations of Macs...
I hope the fix is in this patch, and I think it is, they just don't list changes for us... for some unknown reason.

Soiled Pants

03-17-2014

still freezing myself…so VERY frustrating…never did it prior to 4.3

Mike4Real

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled Pants View Post
still freezing myself…so VERY frustrating…never did it prior to 4.3
4.4 will be out late tonight, and that's when it'll be fixed hopefully.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

03-18-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Just to clarify, the fix is in the patch but the patch notes don't list every fixed bug. For instance, we usually fix several rare crash bugs every patch. We also typically make performance improvements.

P.S. 4.4 has not landed in every region yet. Make sure you're on 4.4 before expecting this to be resolved.

GoldenMirage

03-18-2014

Well it didn't worked for me, the client still crashing when I get in-game after that it crashed in the champion selection
I did tried to fix the client and it didn't work also I re-install it and everything still gets crashed on the champion silection
It saids that the problem is something with it the maestro thing or something like that I don't quite remember
Is any way to fix it or is it a problem on the patch

Graveyard x Girl

03-18-2014

My client keeps crashing ( been crashing like 4 times in a game) and I was in champion select in ranked and "Maestro failed" or something, got 30 minutes penalty what is happening!

GarnetDust

03-19-2014

YASSSSS! First red post and It seems to be better now. I'll have to check again today to see if it worked.