Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

03-18-2014
53 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lce View Post
i think the current design is pretty good.
As the UX Designer on the project, I'm very happy to hear that!

We did a lot of exploration and testing to get to this point.

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

03-18-2014
54 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDAQ View Post
In Addition the runes and masteries drop down scroll and team building area is much more pleasing to the eye then blind pick solo que
I've got to give you credit for your attention to detail. Might be the first time I've heard anyone mention those in Team Builder discussions.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2014

Any ETA fro when Team Builder will full out?

kentaikun

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
I've got to give you credit for your attention to detail. Might be the first time I've heard anyone mention those in Team Builder discussions.
i've also noticed those and the general idea makes it very simple to get what you want. Looks simple and very pleasing. and the fact that you can show others whether you going to go mage/support/tank/ect.. is extremely helpful.
ty for all your hard work. teambuilder is and was one of the greatest things to ever happen to LoL.
<3

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2014

Can't wait for Teambuilder to release. In most of the games I played, the class/subclass dropdowns really got our team in sync right off the bat. Even with random players in the mix it still cleared things up. That might seem like a small detail, but knowing whether that Nid top is going to be an assassin or a fighter/tank drastically changes how she functions in ganks/skirmishes/teamfights. Having an idea going in lets you adjust your own core setups, build paths, or even desirable gank paths to better synergize with what your particular team of champions excels at without even needing to type.

The single best part of teambuilder to me, and the part I miss the most, was queing up solo. One of the biggest hurdles to people trying to practice a particular role/champion pool is being lucky enough to land in a lobby where everyone is happy in their roles. Those games are too few and far between yet teambuilder is capable of delivering that every time. I'd wager to say a majority of players have an idea of what they want to play ideally going in, and being able to essentially guarantee everyone gets to run with that idea instead of having to work around 'Pick/Call Orders' and 'INSTA-LOCK.GGs' should improve player morale overall in-game. Eliminates people unhappy from not getting their favorite role, and potentially can even improve player's confidence in their teammates. After all, they did que up to play that particular champion in that particular role. That's at least some re-assurance to keep faith in the comebacks!

FATNUGLY

03-18-2014

please bring this back, i love this format

Tooleson

03-18-2014

I think the Team Builder design is a wonderful, innovative idea from Riot!

I tested it, and was sad to see it taken back after the beta was over. I'm looking forward to its return!

I told friends who'd quit LoL due to getting toxic players who wouldn't play their role, and they've said this kind of idea is the kind of idea that makes them want to come back.

Thanks, Riot!

Torque Backlash

03-18-2014

I was so happy to play Team builder. I even played full made teams with friends (minor jokes about 5 top). What I really liked being able to see the relevance of certain roles. It was always a long wait for a support. My first game had a 15 min wait for a support. In ranked draft mid/top/jungle were in high demand. the odd thing was jungle was the 2nd longest wait (or so it was in my experience) I thought that was odd to see. I hope people noticed and give some love to people playing such roles in ranked, they do it normally not cause they want to. They do it cause it is what the team needs.

I too can't wait for Team Builder to return, Good job.

Nylartep

03-19-2014

I really think this idea cuts down on the many jerks encountered in the game. It gives them one less excuse to be uncool.

Thanks Riot.

Cortez420

03-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We definitely want to make it easier to "requeue" with your new found friends after a Team Builder game. We have a few ideas in mind, but it just didn't make it in for the Live Beta.

I love this team builder idea, But one thing will still really needs to be solved though for sure, Just had a very immature person, Young or old does not matter call mid after somebody else, Then after we confirmed who called it he edited it out of copy / paste & pasted it so he was mid first, Then trolled by saying :

" I dont know what you are talking about " We then gave him 1 last warning saying if you go through with trying to steal somebodys lane we will report you after game, He then said, I dont know what you are talking about, I was mid first " when clearly he was not & copy pasted his own version to suit his needs.

This is the exact main problem in this community & we need a way to report people in champ select, Because even with team builder people will troll & pick in proper champs or duo champs & then just go to their lane that they want in game anyways. If we could report people in champ select, Then if a lot of reports pre-match was on that same person a GM would come into game & review the logs & remove the person pre-match allowing somebody else to get into a game who would appreciate it.

Simply, The timer would pause, Flagging a GM into the room & the troll could be quickly punished & removed from game.

This needs to carry into team builder because the problem will persist without it. Please dont put all this effort into this great function & let it be ruined by trolls, Just saying.