Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImDoneWitU

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
I'd assume that it plays like blind pick. Both teams get to choose what they do regardless of the other team, so I'd assume that it's possible for the same champ to be on both teams.

It would be kind of hard to do something like this for draft, when what you pick somewhat depends on what the other team picks.
Im sure thats when the que would just be for role and lane then

Mayobe

03-17-2014

You know, the more I think about this, the more I think an organic solution would be better than a complicated system.

A great first-step would be to fix the ****ing pregame chat so that everyone ALWAYS sees the exact same thing. BAM - end of "i called. no i called" garbage.

A great second step would be removing the option to lock in and just letting the timer run down.

A great final step would be to allow teams to majority vote for a free dodge. (Premades count as 1 vote only.)

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

03-17-2014
50 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsenHelm View Post
This mode needs to be official. It cuts out so much arguing and time to start the game.

I had a lot of fun in this mode. Teams were made and everyone got to play the role they wanted.

It's really great. Thank you riot.

And thank you btab, ceciliaicy, davin, DoctahWayne, Drevarius, Fr3nchT0ast, Goggalor, MissMechaZero, RiotBahamut, RiotBlackrook, RiotComplex, RiotExLibris, RiotId, RiotJayway, RiotLobster, RiotLulu, RiotMartlet, RiotNeuroCat, RiotNoyz, RiotSeb, RiotTantram, RiotWorldPeace, Ryedan, scezumin, statuskwoh, stochasticmx, VonBurgermeister, Yegg and Yupster for making it happen.

I hope Team Builder becomes official real soon.
You're welcome!

KIAKAHAROA

03-17-2014

i went anivia jung and captain accepted and we rappppppppped...
about my life

I am so CLUTCH

03-17-2014

Derp derp derp derp

Grey Wolf

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsenHelm View Post
This mode needs to be official. It cuts out so much arguing and time to start the game.

<snip>

I hope Team Builder becomes official real soon.
I cannot downvote this enough. I had a horrible experience with Team Builder and I hope if it becomes official it is in parallel with Normal queue.

grappler

03-17-2014

the only big change I would make is to have the option to change to a different lane and champ after you have joined a team. there are times when you cant seem to get a jungle or support so if someone can change to another lane it would speed up the process.

Rysus

03-17-2014

All though this seems like a good idea it has its ups and downs. For those that like to play mid and only mid you will be waiting longer for a group because its a popular lane. Plus you have to wait for a proper support if you are an ADC and it doesn't seem to mind doing duo top as well. Riot you will have to tweak this team builder up a lot if you want to get the positive feedback you are looking for.

Zentox

03-17-2014

This may be a little late but, bring it to ranked, not the champion aspect were you pick champ and role, but try and make it so it only role, i.e top, mid, jungle, marksman, support, or solo lane, solo lane, marksman, support, or duo lane for those that are duoq and want to lane together, i understand it can be difficult with the amount or toxic players they are (although it is a lot better then before don't get me wrong)but whatever you guys can do, i personally loved team build.

BlazingSamurai41

03-17-2014

i hope you bring the team builder back. I really liked the concept and it made finding perfect teammates so much easier