Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadhomey

03-17-2014

Good times indeed

D1lated

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellonscissors View Post
the game is way to laggy and I go not have this problem on other games even the ones with much more demanding graphics like battlefield etc, lets talk about upgrading those servers first.
1. This is the most popular online game in the world. Yes, there are going to be times when there are lag issues, when things don't work right, or you have a long login time. If you enjoy the game for what it is, you get past these things and deal. If you don't, then maybe you should contemplate sticking to Battlefield, etc. on your consoles. Riot works hard every day to keep this game going so people like you and I can play for FREE. Key word here: FREE.

2. The graphics are only as demanding as you make them, and if you adjust the video settings to perform to what your graphics card can handle then there is no problem. I can run at almost 100 FPS steady in every game with no lag, so adjust your settings before blaming Riot. If that doesn't fix the problem, then ask somebody and Riot will look into it as always.

3. Not every game type is going to work for everyone. Quite frankly, I wasn't fond of Hexakill, but I played it and still had fun. I think Team Builder is a great thing for the community. There's no arguing in champ select, so there's less tension in game and more desire to work together. Teamwork OP, and Riot is working on ways to improve our heavily criticized community reputation. I fully support everything Riot has been doing and you should, too, if you continue playing this game.

Manaburn

03-17-2014

team builder queue times were op

an odd platypus

03-17-2014

Bring it back! I was on vacation and I have been wanting something like this for a long time! BRING IT BACK!!! please?

Xeculus

03-17-2014

It sometimes took over 10 minutes to build a team, then another 10 to find a game. I feel like Team Builder has potential, but right now it's just not working out. Too many people just get bored and leave Team Builder before it's fully filled - I mean, why wait here for half a hour when you can jump right in in normal queue right?

RektSauce

03-17-2014

Team builder wouldn't work for ranked games if it stayed exactly the same. Just for the fact that you have to choose a champ BEFORE you see your teammates choices. Yes I know you could leave Q and find another team, but still... That would have to change imo.

Eagleeye937

03-17-2014

this has nothing to do with this thread but when I try to open league of legends it say the pvp net is not working I even uninstalled and tried it again and it says the same thing. please look into this I would love to be able to play the game like I was last night.

AnsenHelm

03-17-2014

This mode needs to be official. It cuts out so much arguing and time to start the game.

I had a lot of fun in this mode. Teams were made and everyone got to play the role they wanted.

It's really great. Thank you riot.

And thank you btab, ceciliaicy, davin, DoctahWayne, Drevarius, Fr3nchT0ast, Goggalor, MissMechaZero, RiotBahamut, RiotBlackrook, RiotComplex, RiotExLibris, RiotId, RiotJayway, RiotLobster, RiotLulu, RiotMartlet, RiotNeuroCat, RiotNoyz, RiotSeb, RiotTantram, RiotWorldPeace, Ryedan, scezumin, statuskwoh, stochasticmx, VonBurgermeister, Yegg and Yupster for making it happen.

I hope Team Builder becomes official real soon.

Yansky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2014

Im sure as heck not going to look through 205 pages to see if this was said before but a big problem is that you can't join as a group (as far as i could tell, or i just missed an obvious button) so that would be contributing to long queue times as groups of 2+ cannot join another's game causing more games and therefore a lack of players to fill them (or long waiting times if the lobby's have priority based on the order they are made)

Below is just my opinion from my experiences (no real numbers there):

I'm not too sure about the other roles but for me as a support main going into that queue it was instant join and almost instant start upon joining a lobby. I would assume that means that there's a lack of supports which would probably be because they can go into other roles now as the reason I became a support main was to simply put forced to; same thing can be applied to junglers. I'm not saying all the people in those roles are like this but it's very likely that the people that would play those roles in normal aren't any more because they have the choice to play a role they want.

But overall I want this back, I loved it cause there were no one making huge arguments and then double instalocks and stuff like that. Also you wouldn't get the rare game where 4 support mains are in the same lobby (at least they wont be all queued for support) which is a godsend because those games were a death sentence. And you have time to double check your runes, masteries and spells and youre not on the clock so its less rushed and pressured to make a choice. Especially if you're trying to choose a champ that your team wants or a champ for trading and the people you ask dont say anything (same thing if you're asking what role someone is).

Alerean

03-17-2014

This could work in ranked, it would just require taking out the champion picking BEFORE you queue. I for one would love to have my role every game. I think being able to queue for your lane/role is enough.