"The three deadliest blademasters in all of Valoran..."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echoedsong

03-16-2014

Taken from Talon's lore- "The three deadliest blademasters in all of Valoran are bound to the house of Du Couteau: my father, myself, and Talon." -Katarina

What do you think of this quote? How would other swordswingers in the league feel about and compare to this statement? In case you want a quick reference, that would be:

Aatrox
Diana
Fiora
Gangplank
Garen
Irelia
Kayle
Leona
Master Yi
Riven
Shaco
Tryndamere
Yasuo

Hopefully I didn't forget anybody. I omitted Nocturne and Rengar, because I feel like their sort of bladecraft doesn't match up with the others.In my humble opinion, I feel as though Aatrox, Riven, Master Yi, Yasuo,and Fiora could challenge this statement.

The Red Warden

03-16-2014

Gangplank is not a sword master. Besides in a sword battle he would just cheat and shoot the opponent.

IMTOOJUICY

03-16-2014

Well, it is a given that Katarina thinks extremely highly of herself and her fellow Noxians, lol.

OuttaControl56

03-16-2014

I'm sure that when Katarina first said that, Garen got his first pentakill in pure fury.

Also, Gangplank doesn't cheat. He "tactically out-maneuvers the opposing party via tertiary sources of force".

P.S.

Ionians don't care about what Katarina said. Ionia isn't a part of Valoran. They're part of Runeterra, but the main continent is Valoran.

Jaredan

Senior Editor

03-16-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoedsong View Post
Taken from Talon's lore- "The three deadliest blademasters in all of Valoran are bound to the house of Du Couteau: my father, myself, and Talon." -Katarina

What do you think of this quote? How would other swordswingers in the league feel about and compare to this statement? In case you want a quick reference, that would be:

Aatrox
Diana
Fiora
Gangplank
Garen
Irelia
Kayle
Leona
Master Yi
Riven
Shaco
Tryndamere
Yasuo

Hopefully I didn't forget anybody. I omitted Nocturne and Rengar, because I feel like their sort of bladecraft doesn't match up with the others.In my humble opinion, I feel as though Aatrox, Riven, Master Yi, Yasuo,and Fiora could challenge this statement.
I think if you put them all in one room to figure it out there would be some serious fireworks. Hmm, I'm thinking a March Madness swordplay bracket is needed. I wouldn't be able to watch, mind you, the sound of steel on steel makes my teeth itch.

Oh, and hello all.

NA Darklarik

03-16-2014

Honestly though, thats just Kat's ego and gloating. The two best swordmen would be either Yi or Aatrox imo, simply due to age and experience.

Nocturne and Rengar are another story. Rengar studies his targets carefully before butchering them, and hes only lost to Khazix because he rushed in for a fight instead of studying him.

Gavran

03-16-2014

Of those listed, I feel only Fiora, Yi, Yasuo, Irelia and Riven emphasize their weapons at all. Irelia, Riven and Yasuo don't really seem to emphasize their skill with the blade that much either to me.

Of course, neither does Kat or Talon...

N49

03-16-2014

Jax should be on the list, and Jax should be at the top of the list.

He uses a lamp post because using a real weapon would be unfair to everyone else in the league.

SpderMan

03-16-2014

when i first saw that quote i thought i thought she was referring specifically to throwing blade tech since her and talon dont really focus on swinging. if its a matter of face to face sword play master yi would probably win

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2014

Anyone else read the title as "three deadliest bananas" and came here expecting Soraka plays?