Revive Trinkets

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Suppordle

03-14-2014

Sounds like a good place to start, I like the idea of a pretty bare bones early trinket to start with so we can evaluate the trinket specifically without a lot of additional clutter added at he same time.

I think what we have to keep an eye out for, and maxboss listed for future revisions is definitely:

- summoner spell balance / variety in absence of revive
- chain revives and if it's too snowbally / abusable

ViolentlyCar

03-14-2014

I strongly believe that revive should not be available for the windmill fight. With revive available for the windmill fight, you get very strange and unintuitive incentives around trying to die in an staggered way, while avoiding killing enemies that are low. I feel like you'd get better gameplay out of just a straight up fight without revives.

Other than that, the changes seem like a good start.

Mad Suppordle

03-14-2014

I'd like to try no revive at windmill as well, but lets try that after we evaluate the basic trinket idea.

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-14-2014
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
I strongly believe that revive should not be available for the windmill fight. With revive available for the windmill fight, you get very strange and unintuitive incentives around trying to die in an staggered way, while avoiding killing enemies that are low. I feel like you'd get better gameplay out of just a straight up fight without revives.

Other than that, the changes seem like a good start.
I'd be happy to try both out. I'll let everyone know when it's on PBE.

Fancy Wolf

03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
*sigh* time to organize another PBE day T.T

Nexus Crawler

03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post
*sigh* time to organize another PBE day T.T
I might be able to help if it's on a weekend or during my wife's spring break (she's a teacher) depending on her mood, my daughters, and our schedule... Sigh.

Side note; definitely in the want to try no-revive windmills. How would we consider implementing? Time based, level, or starting cooldown at purchase?

Penteano

03-14-2014

I'd like to help but I don't have a PBE account.

HaIfhearted

03-14-2014

Out of curiosity, why can't we have both the charge AND the cooldown-based Revive trinkets?

Like, have both the trinket with charges and the cooldown-based one purchasable in the shop at the same time, and which one you get depends on how you think the game will go or what champion you're playing?

Mad Suppordle

03-14-2014

ehhhh, that sounds pretty awkward. They function pretty similarly already.

Also remember to make sure you cant sell/repurchase trinkets for free / extra charges

Skreeg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
I strongly agree with the sentiment of not having revive for the windmill fight. It makes the fight very unintuitive - if you "win" the fight by killing two of them immediately and the other two later on, leaving your entire team alive but at very low health, you will end up losing the fight due to revive, which feels crappy and out of your control as a player.

(Personally, I'd prefer that revive be removed entirely, because it just serves as an occasional get-out-of-fail-free card twice a game, which seems unnecessary. People used to say similar things about flash on SR, but at least you can also use flash to do cool stuff offensively...)