Revive Trinkets

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

03-13-2014

That doesn't work because then either revive trinket sucks so much that the snowball problems its suppressing appear or the revive trinket is good enough and you have a bunch of other noob trap trinkets people take and throw games with.

The Ciaran

03-13-2014

For dominion some cool effects might be making a garrison trinket that has a channeled ability allowing the player to control the turret blasts for increased range then at the end of the channel a burst aoe to push players back and a incentive not to just burst the player down while he channels.

Other ideas:
Instead of or along with relics an optional utility tower in the center that allows players to teleport from their base to the center allowing for greater tactical decisions as well as a reason for the center of the map to exist besides a gank fest while people run from one tower to another

A capture point in the center that does a temporary sight boost revealing the center part of the map for a brief time before locking and becoming unavailable to either team for several minutes

A boot option or trinket option that exchanges the speed boost from a speed shrine for a brief AD or AP boost.

(For summoner spell trinkets have them be auto equipped based on the summoner spells picked, these ideas are meant for dominion though I think some might work for summoner's rift with a little tweaking)

AoE Smite Trinket or Smite that heals for the damage it does to a minion.

Revive basic trinket being the 3 charges but a upgrade form with charges that refresh with captures or kills.

Garrison Trinket2: A trinket that spawns an Anivia style wall (maybe even the old Yas idea where it has hp and soaks up damage till it breaks [3 hp, autos do 1, spells do 2dmg)

Garrison Trinket3: causes the tower to explode with energy zapping all targets nearby or lighting the ground on fire (perhaps electrocution?)

Heal trinket: a use ability that refreshes/charges when hp nodes are stepped on that heals and restores mana to a target

Ignite trinket that when upgraded can activate to zap a target and cause the ignite to spread to nearby targets

Shield trinket that increases move speed while active

Promote trinket that can be used to taunt minions to a target (or cause a minion to use a special skill)

Ghost trinket: gain Eve like stealth after 3 seconds channel

Flash trinket: Flash gains a second charge that can be used within a short period of the first flash

Exhaust trinket: use effect slow a player currently under the effect of a speed shrine

Cleanse trinket: Causes cleanse to become an aoe with an incredibly small radius
Cleanse trinket2: cleanse a minion or ally and gain a temporary shield

Clairvoyance Trinket: Place a sticky ward that lasts a short time but if a player steps on it, it refreshes and latches on to the target lowering their armor or mr for a short period.

Clarity Trinket: your next spell is free and hits for increased dmg

---

I Graduate with an English BA this summer, RIOT HIRE ME!

Tortferngatr

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fizznity View Post
That doesn't work because then either revive trinket sucks so much that the snowball problems its suppressing appear or the revive trinket is good enough and you have a bunch of other noob trap trinkets people take and throw games with.
Revive will be on EVERY trinket.

Venova

03-14-2014

I would play dominion if you could teleport between nodes with like a 1 minute cooldown, ideally using a trinket so you don't need to take the summoner - why not do something like that? Better revive summoner + very low cd teleport trinket would totally change the dynamics of the game and allow for more strategies and reactionary play, instead of just the 4v4 aram top and 1v1 bot that's been the meta for so long.

Koravel

03-14-2014

I'm sorry, but that's silly.

That trinket would be OP as all hell and people would just be flashing around the map.

brunoais

03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
Possible, but bad precedent. Very much leaning towards passive effects.

How would you guys feel about earning revive charges? Possibly through the quest (would require the overhaul that it needs already) or some other means. Just a thought.
I like the idea. I needs to thought, though.

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-14-2014
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Thanks for all the thought you guys put into this. Lots of great feedback and suggestions.

Sounds like most people are excited about this change and would prefer a "vanilla" trinket before we start adding all the passive stuff. So here is my plan at the moment:

Basic Revive Trinket

• Start with a revive charge (Revive will be up for windmill fight)
  • Gain a revive charge at levels 9 and 14
  • Movement speed on revive remains as is
  • Maximum 2 charges (Use or lose)
  • No cooldown between uses

Future Possibilities
  • Address summoner spells as needed
  • Re-asses charge levels, cooldown, movement speed
  • Add revive trinkets with varying passive effects

Penteano

03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
Thanks for all the thought you guys put into this. Lots of great feedback and suggestions.

Sounds like most people are excited about this change and would prefer a "vanilla" trinket before we start adding all the passive stuff. So here is my plan at the moment:

Basic Revive Trinket
  • Start with a revive charge (Revive will be up for windmill fight)
  • Gain a revive charge at levels 9 and 14
  • Movement speed on revive remains as is
  • Maximum 2 charges (Use or lose)
  • No cooldown between uses

Future Possibilities
  • Address summoner spells as needed
  • Re-asses charge levels, cooldown, movement speed
  • Add revive trinkets with varying passive effects
I like it

*off*
any answer on the semi locked cam I suggested? (page 6)

ChaoticFool

03-14-2014

The idea that charges are lost if not used feels like being punished for not dying.

Nexus Crawler

03-14-2014

Ok, lets give this a go and see how badly we can break the system. Then we'll get the super glue.