Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WildPslyDuck

03-13-2014

Patch notes: Rengar
-Added counterplay
XD

NA Darklarik

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalek View Post
None of you know what you are talking about for thinking Rengar is not is a strong place now. The only thing not in place is your skill, no need to have to make a champion suffer because you yourself suck at playing a specific champion.
Says the Bronze 1 nub. ohhohoh the Irony.

NA Darklarik

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSociety View Post
instead of gaining trophies with only champions, you should be able to gain a percentage of a trophy every time you kill a large monster. this will encourage his jungling and make it a bit easier to gain stacks. maybe get .25 of a trophy every large monster kill. keep the 1 stack on kill or assist though.
That would discourage Ganking. Rengars would only get new Wriggles and just farm farm farm. This new system encourages early ganking to start building stacks.

Amalek

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Says the Bronze 1 nub. ohhohoh the Irony.

Says the guy posting from a level 7 account. Yeah, lot of credentials for you bud. How about instead of being like every other repetitive tard that exists in this gaming community, try a comeback with some merit.

l Xynorph l

03-13-2014

I think it would be interesting if empowered abilities, instead of mimicking a spell, gave him a entirely different skill. some things i thought of were things like making it so empowered E could make him go all Volibear charge on them or just more MS. or his w healing and stealthing him for like 1 second plus .25 per rank. or you could make his q give him a bleed effect.

these are just some ideas to give you an idea, and they are not something i would expect you to add, especially since you are already so far into this project.

just some ideas :P

arwingflyer98

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalek View Post
Assassins are never meant to fill the bill of viability. They are meant to fit the theory of risk/reward factoring. Just because none of you people can play Rengar properly doesn't mean the ones who actually play him right, should have to suffer?

Well.. all you whiners wanted, scaling, sustained fighting ability, sustained damage? Well, you might as well call Rengar a new champion after the rework because he will not have any of the characteristics of an assassin; all gaining stats that prevent risk and reward? Scaling is implied that his power level is never reached til lategame, yea, this is a bruiser, screw you nerds for being the reason Rengar gets a change he DOESN'T NEED. Circle jerk more about your repetitive mechanics that are extremely stupid and offer no counter play. "Yea make Rengar have infinite gap closers." Current REngar doesn't need infinite gap closers if you actually know how to combo your kit right allowing for anyone to get gibbed below 2.5k HP.

None of you know what you are talking about for thinking Rengar is not is a strong place now. The only thing not in place is your skill, no need to have to make a champion suffer because you yourself suck at playing a specific champion.
Dude, that's kinda unneeded, if you don't like the rework, at least say so respectfully. I'm (mostly) happy with the current Rengar as well, but I'm trying to keep an open mind to the changes, process them, then speak my mind (without throwing harsh comments or remarks).

Riot Jag

Associate Technical Design

03-13-2014
40 of 48 Riot Posts

Some updates:

-We're trying a version of Rengar with his max ferocity stacks back to 5, and they no longer decay out of combat.
-By adding the required build up to his Ferocity-empowered moves, we could add a little power back to his Ferocity Q and gave it some solid steroids (bonus attack speed and AD for a duration) so his sustained damage is stronger.
-Scruffy has done some work to ensure you'll be seeing Rengar on PBE quite soon. Tonight we hunt?

lm Krueger ml

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
Some updates:

-We're trying a version of Rengar with his max ferocity stacks back to 5, and they no longer decay out of combat.
-By adding the required build up to his Ferocity-empowered moves, we could add a little power back to his Ferocity Q and gave it some solid steroids (bonus attack speed and AD for a duration) so his sustained damage is stronger.
-Scruffy has done some work to ensure you'll be seeing Rengar on PBE quite soon. Tonight we hunt?

Honestly this sounds like we're going backwards. The 4 Ferocity was a really nice development to allow more fluid gameplay in combat. Yes his Ferocity attacks will be stronger. You failed to mention they're also going to happen MUCH less frequently. Means more time standing around doing nothing but basic attacks and spamming his far less interesting skills when they come off cooldown.

I'll try to reserve judgement til I get a chance to play with it but I'm not sure I like that direction yet. I'm sure some people will though.

You're in danger of just making him identical to how he is on live. At which point I have to question why change him at all? Just tweak some numbers and fix the triple Q somehow.

wockaaflocka

03-13-2014

riot the counterplay to rengar was pink wards which u gutted u consist on adding to counterplay to everything while at the same time u take it away

Dhenz

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Jag View Post
Some updates:

I'm starting to think we're going back and forth now...