Is Curse voice legal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The MechE

03-13-2014

I think it's really cool you that you get timers and stuff. I really hate keeping track of timers in the chat. I want to play League, not do simple arithmetic. And then forget the time 3 minutes later and go scrolling for it.

I feel this is important, so I'm going to give it more visibility:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM Cocoa View Post
It should not be allowed. At all. Getting timers automatically gives you an unfair edge over your opponents, as they have to scroll through chat to go see the timer. If lots of people have been talking, it's even more time consuming. And you shouldn't be able to know your allies ults. That is for them to communicate to you. How do professional teams get so good? They have fantastic coordination, something that people in solo queue should be working for manually, not given to by a program.
Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arczer View Post
I've subbed for teams and this is pretty untrue
Dragon & Baron timer has nothing to do with team coordination, it's how you behave prior to it.
The chat is never flooded in a tournament game. Everyone is on Skype, the chat is literally only used for the jungler & support to keep timers, and keeping timers is the most absolute basic of any team communication. A simple communication to your team would be like

Jungler: Yo, shove mid out, TB respawn in 30 sec, we win 2v2
Mid: Focus the jungler he has no flash
Support: Their bot lane is collapsing now, you gotta leave it

etc..
If pros are using the chat only as a place to store times, why not just allow/implement timers? This guy has subbed on pro teams, and he's even for it (I think, he doesn't actually say that, but he provides good reasons on why it should be allowed).

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-13-2014

It's not officially not allowed, but according to ToS it is illegal to use.

A Stoned Sniper

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Heart View Post
I think it's really cool you that you get timers and stuff. I really hate keeping track of timers in the chat. I want to play League, not do simple algebra.
I consider that as an unfair advantage. Why should YOU get to know EXACTLY when the buffs are gonna respawn while my teams jungler has to do the timing in his head?

That's an unfair advantage. This injection **** is gonna end up like WoW where you HAVE to have like 20+ injected things just to keep up with others around you.

Unversable13

The Council

03-13-2014

Not clear, but I seriously doubt that Curse would dump money into something that was just going to get scrapped.

The MechE

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Stoned Sniper View Post
I consider that as an unfair advantage. Why should YOU get to know EXACTLY when the buffs are gonna respawn while my teams jungler has to do the timing in his head?

That's an unfair advantage. This injection **** is gonna end up like WoW where you HAVE to have like 20+ injected things just to keep up with others around you.
Yeah, well timers are something they should have been made official a long time ago in my opinion though. They should just add it to the game.

A Stoned Sniper

03-13-2014

Quote:
Yeah, well timers are something they should have made official a long time ago in my opinion though. They should just add it to the game.
That's like saying they should add timers to minion waves and inhibitors.

You're taking away an aspect of what distinguishes a pro from an average player.

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-13-2014

Quote:
Yeah, well timers are something they should have made official a long time ago in my opinion though. They should just add it to the game.
No they should not. Timing buffs is an important part of the game.

vamp13

03-13-2014

i dont know, but people need to stop pretending that curse voice is the only option, when in fact theres other programs that do more ridiculous things to begin with.

Compenisator

03-13-2014

Riot should really add ally's ult timers to the game, though.

The MechE

03-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxe Out View Post
No they should not. Timing buffs is an important part of the game.
It's not hard to know that buffs respawn in 5 minutes, dragon 6, and baron 7.

It's not an important part of the game. It's simple, basic arithemetic (edited to appease the masses).