FFS 14 tries to que

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gandalf 007

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
Seriously, I just had to que 14 times to get a game going. I could of played a game in that amount of time.

Fix this **** ffs. Stop the champ select leavers already. Who cares what your team composition is, its a **** solo que. Its for fun, not for win, if you elo goes up your gonna lose anyways eventually, NERDRAGE AHH
Until they patch the MM, trying to spot and avoid the occasional upcoming failure-of-a-game is the only defense I have against getting auto-losses from baddies/feeders/afk'ers.

MM sucks and therefore I ask people about summoner levels, experience, and try to get a balanced comp at char select. If I'm not seeing it, I bail.

If you want to ban me for it, then that's just more excuse to seek out something like HoN with a more intelligent MM. Until then, I'm bailing at champ select occasionally.

Amethyzt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

i dont mind about queue dodge, but this is getting ridiculous

today i got like 3 or 4 queue dodgers per queue, am i bad or my name says noobyoshi? hmm just trying to undestand why people leave

hmm

maybe paranoia?

PrawnWonton

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
If I see a team with 4 mages, I'm PRETTY sure I'm gonna lose if I keep going.
A few days ago I was on an five mage team. A couple people whined that there was no tank so we're all going to die in champ select, but nobody left.

We pretty much dominated the opposing 'balanced' team. With that much damage coming at them all at once, they couldn't do much in team fights but curl up and die.

So, moral of the story is that team composition by itself is not the best indicator of success. It all comes down to the players.

RyuuKitten

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnWonton View Post
A few days ago I was on an five mage team. A couple people whined that there was no tank so we're all going to die in champ select, but nobody left.

We pretty much dominated the opposing 'balanced' team. With that much damage coming at them all at once, they couldn't do much in team fights but curl up and die.

So, moral of the story is that team composition by itself is not the best indicator of success. It all comes down to the players.
tl'dr: Your oppoenent was ******ed.

Stack some MR and you're screwed, banshee's+Merc treads+aegis is tons right there. Further, they can just play defensively until endgame at which point they roll you over.

A 5 mage team is bad, and assuming that "oh your opponent might have a 5 mage team" or that they'll be ****ing terrible is a bad idea.

Gandalf 007

12-29-2009

An example of a game I bailed from last night:

- I join as solo Q and immediately ask "LEVEL CHECK" in chat. 2 people respond with levels below level 10.

[red flag 1]

- I ask if the low levels have an alt or main account that is higher level, and one responds that they've only done practice games thus far.

[red flag 2]

- I notice the group composition is myself as AP Nidalee that I play as support/pusher, and 4 melee carries/assassins (yi, trynd, shaco, and kat).

[red flag 3]

- I mention in chat how we could use a tank or some CC instead of all the melee carries, and get a response "No thanks. What are you going to do about it?"

[red flag 4]

Now, do you honestly expect me to stay in for the upcoming hour of torture with these mouthy scrubs? No thanks. I silently applauded my good reconnaissance as I reached for alt-f4. My next attempt, I got a balanced team, and won.

GodwinGrech

12-29-2009

nothing is more annoying than queue dodging and getting the same mofos in the next game

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-29-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We will be punishing people (although it's going to be a mild 3-5 minute timeout initially) for leaving @ champ select.

Slurpy

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We will be punishing people (although it's going to be a mild 3-5 minute timeout initially) for leaving @ champ select.
Good, generally the one's that queue dodge don't belong in their elo bracket. They only got there because they waited for the perfect team comps to stomp everyone else. I hope I get less of them in my games.

RyuuKitten

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I think I'm going to make a smurf and use the worst possible hero combinations ever.

Like battle heimer.

Battle heimer with malady!

GodwinGrech

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
I think I'm going to make a smurf and use the worst possible hero combinations ever.

Like battle heimer.

Battle heimer with malady!
once i saw a heimer with frozen mallet for uber chasing skills